Chapter One- Amanda's POV

Chapter One

London, UK- 2010

Amanda's POV

"Hello. Name please?" the lady asks the girl in front of me. I was standing at the table waiting to get my number for my X-Factor UK auditions. I was so nervous. The girl got her number and it was my turn. "Hello. Name please?" the lady asks me. "Amanda Warren." I say, she nods, and looks down a list of numbers. "Here you go." she hands me a huge rectangle sticker. I look at it, 212676, it reads. I grin. I'm finally here. Now to audi-- I'm cut off by a rude obnoxious boy. "Hey. Move. We all have to get our numbers too." he says. I notice his curly hair, and dark green eyes. I roll my eyes and move out of the line. "THANK YOU!" he yells after me, sarcastically. I just wave my hand.

"Alright. Number 212676, you're up next!" I hear a guy yell into the waiting room. I stand up and walk towards him. He sees my number and walks me backstage. "Wait here. Your audition is going to be recorded. Congratulations on making it to the Judges round." he says. I nod my thanks. I was shocked when I got the 'golden ticket' to audition for the next highest production person. I made it through the three rounds to get to the judges round. Now to perform in front of them. Someone taps on my shoulder and I see a blonde haired boy grinning at me. 

"Hello." he says. I read his audition number: 212677. He was after me. "Hello." I say. I glance at the stage and see the curly haired jerk walking off with a big smile on his face. I roll my eyes and turn back to the blonde boy. "What's your name?" he asks. "Amanda. Amanda Warren. Whats yours?" I ask. "Harry. Harry Styles." the curly haired boy steps inbetween us, making the other lad and I fall backwards. "I wasn't asking you, but nice to meet you anyways. And congrats on making it to the next round." I say. The other lad laughs and steps around Harry . "Niall. Niall Horan." he says introducing himself. I smile, "Nice to meet you, Niall Horan." I say, and shake his hand he had offered.

"Number 61897! You're up!" the stage guy says and I walk up to him. "Bye. Good luck!" Niall yells after me. Harry is too busy flirting with the other girls to notice. Or so I thought. "BYE AMANDA!" he screams obnoxiously. I wave and roll my eyes. I step onto the stage and I'm almost blinded by the stage lights. "Here is our next contestant!" Dermot O'Leary, the host, says introducing me.

 "Hello love. What's your name?" Simon Cowell asks me. I look across the judges table before answering, Simon, Louis Walsh, Cheryl Cole, and Katy Perry. "Amanda. Amanda Warren." I say. I think I've said my name more times today than on the first day of school, jeez. "Where are you from?" Cheryl asks me. "Holmes Chapel." I say smiling, but inside I was so nervous and shaking. Damn these stage lights are hot shining on you. That does not help at all. Is the air conditioner on? I NEED SOME AIR! Breathe, Amanda, breathe. "How old are you?" Katy asks me. "16." I respond trying not to die from the damn heat. Jeez. Thank God I wore shorts and a tshirt. "What song will you be singing us?" Louis Walsh asks me. "Mine by Taylor Swift." I tell them. Simon nods and waves his hand, proceeding me to start. I take a deep breath and put my all into it.

I say can you believe it?

As we're lying on the couch

The moment I could see it

Yes, yes, I can see it now

Do you remember we were sitting there by the water?

You put your arm around me for the first time

You made a rebel of a careless man's daughter

You are the best thing that's ever been mine