Chapter 50

Chapter 50: Annabeth

We had another burning ceremony for Luke.

It was the second time he has killed himself.

The second time that he's saved the world.

All he wanted was his mom.

He was a Lost Boy.

I leaned onto Percy as we sat in his bed that night. The beating heart in his chest was the only reassurance that I was still alive. That everything did happen.

I am Annabeth Chase.

I have been to Tartarus and back.

I have been to the underworld twice and came back both times alive.

Now I had to survive this war just like the last one.

"What are you thinking about?" Percy murmured while kissing my hair.

"The war. What's our plan Percy. We don't have a plan."

"We didn't have a plan the last war either."

"That whole war was written into that prophecy. But this one? Two parts of this one have already been solved."

"Three."

"What?"

"An oath to keep one's final breath. I promised I would never leave you. But I did and then I lost you. Forever I thought. But now you're here in my arms and I'm not sure how to react."

"Gee seaweed brain you could at least try to be happy I'm here." I tried joking.

But Percy didn't laugh.

I understood why.

My death has put him through an experience he never wanted to experience. He's scarred for life because he saw my lifeless body. He's broken and even if I'm back, nothing will ever be the same.

Gaea has changed everything. She's changed our lives dramatically. And I was sick of it. I was sick of all the games. I wanted this to end.

I stood up and started pacing the room.

"Please don't pace. It gives me a headache following you."

"Well then don't look at me."

"I can't. My eyes are like moths to light when it comes to your beauty."

I stopped and looked at him.

"Cheesy. But it's good that you're a fighter and that you're handsome."

"What are you thinking about?"

"To storm or fire the world must fall. Storm would be you or Jason and Fire would be Leo."

"I know we've all been over this."

"Actually we haven't. Everytime we think about it, we see one of your three destroying the world into ashes. But all prophecies have a double meaning. What if the world in this case means Gaea because Gaea is the goddess of the Earth and the earth is what we always put in terms 'the world'. Percy that means either you, Jason, or Leo have to destroy Gaea."

"Alone? I mean Annabeth we can't even destroy one of her children without one of our parents help. How are we supposed to destroy Gaea all on our own."

I sighed. Percy had a point. He couldn't just do it alone.

This was frustrating. There were no leads in this war. At least with the Titan war we just had to focus on Luke's past to break him.