Chapter 47

Chapter 47: Leo

For a moment I felt dead. Everything was black and I didn't know where I was.

Then I saw the faint glittering of crystals not known to the mortal world above me and I relaxed for a moment before tensing again.

I mean this could be Calypso's island but it could also that resort that Percy and Annabeth stumbled upon years ago.

I rather reunite with Calypso with open arms not begging for celery.

"Finally your awake."

I instantly sat up and groaned as I hit my head against the crystallized walls.

"Oh sorry I should've warned you about that."

"It's fine really. I'm more worried if you even remember me. You know I'm not always in a person's mind... Except maybe Gaea but that's because she wants to kill me."

"How could I forget my Leo? After all. You did break my dining table."

I smiled and looked at her. I brought her face closer until our foreheads were touching. I felt her breath hit against mine.

"I really want to kiss you right now. But I'm scared you might break me like I broke your dining table." I said my voice shaking.

"Well then Leo Valdez. You have my complete permission to kiss me."

I wasted no more time and pressed my lips against her. It was rough and needy at first but soon it slowed down until we were whispering nothing's at each other and laughing.

I never felt this happy unless I was around my mom or in a tool shop. And even that happiness didn't compare to what I was feeling right now.

She led me out of the cave and we went to her amazing garden. I never really was a nature person. Fire and nature never really mixed but watching her taking care of the flowers with such care helped me forget all of the problems going around.

"So how's Percy and the others?" She asked.

My face immediately fell when she mentioned Percy. Before the recent circumstances, every time someone said Percy's name I imagined him fighting the monsters and making everyone around him happy. Now I saw that heartbroken warrior that just stare at nothing while he silently broke inside.

"What's wrong? What happened?"

"Annabeth's dead." I said quietly.

"What? How... Oh poor Percy."

"She was stabbed really badly. It pierced her lungs and was very close to her heart."

"When did this happen?"

"A few hours ago was her burial..."

"And you still came?"

"I had to come and get you. I couldn't live without you."

"Still Leo. Your friends need you the most right now. You should've just came after the war."

"Are you not happy to see me?"

"I'm really happy you're here. For months I was trying to figure how you would even show up here again. I was about to lose hope but then you came.But Leo. Percy needs you and the rest of your team for support. I know what it's like to have your heart broken. It's not easy."

It was then I realized how long Calypso has been alive. She's been broken by so many men. Percy including. None of them intended to. It was just a cruel trick by the gods.

"I know I shouldn't have left. I could've waited. But they understood Calypso. I told Percy about our meeting. He told me to go after you and not to hurt you like he did. Even after hurting Annabeth he still didn't hold a grudge."