Chapter 18

Chapter 18: Annabeth

"I knew she would fall for the trap! Now wake her up so I can talk to her and she will be prisoner. Keep her healthy too. I like my blood fresh. Until that Perseus Jackson comes. Then we will spill their blood- the blood of Olympus- and I shall rise and conquer the Gods and make them pay for everything they have done!"

"Mistress what if Percy Jackson doesn't come to save her?"

"He will come or his precious girlfriend, parents, and friends will be torn into pieces!"

I was barely alive but I heard the whole conversation. I don't get it, if Percy is already here why would they need him to come rescue me? Unless... I'm such an Idiot! I should've know she was bluffing! And now Percy might come or else have all the people he loves destroyed... Once again my "cleverness" has made his downfall. A large hand grabbed my by the hair and I shrieked.

"Hmm. Good you're still alive." Said the Giant. We went through a dark cave and up some stairs to reach a grassland bare with sand. And miles away from where I was. How did I hear all of that? Then I realized that we were going against the Earth itself.

The giant threw me down on the ground hard. I heard a snap in my body. "OWWW!" I yelled out. Great I had broken ribs. Where was the Golden Fleece when I needed it?

I tried standing up but then quickly realized my hip and my left arm was broken too. "Great I'm in lovely shape to fight for a war now aren't I?"

"But Annabeth, there doesn't have to be a war. Simply surrender to me and I will make sure no one gets hurt." I heard Gaea in my head and it felt like 5,000 people punching ur forehead at the same time over and over again. In other words, Gaea was a real headache.

"I will never surrender to you! You tricked me and now you are threatening Percy's loved ones!"

"Ahh but Annabeth you made the choice to come and save your dear Percy. Love blinded you. To love is to Destroy have you heard that saying? Love is the cruelest power of all which is why I need yours and Percy's love. You guys were meant to be and are forever. Even after death."

On regular days-- or as regular as it can be for a demigod-- I would've blushed at that comment or felt grateful that people see us that way. But coming from Gaea was annoying and I hated it. She talked to me in mocking tone.

"No, Love is something you just never experienced which is why you are evil!"

"Take her to her prison cell! And do not let her have any contact with the outside world!"

The giant grabbed me again-- but this time my broken arm-- and he took me to a cold dark place with no windows, no A/C, and no running water. Not even a toilet. There was only one light switch and it wasn't working.

He threw me in a wooden crate which I was assuming a bed. I groaned as I hit the hard wood. The giant left and I was alone-- again. The whole situation was like trying to find the Athena Parthenos all over again. I was alone with no weapon no food and no one to help me. Except at that time I was positive that I would get out. If this crate was going to be my death bed...

"Stop thinking like that! Percy will come and--" I stopped. Percy couldn't come I won't let him. He's already risked too much for me. I didn't know what to do anymore. And I hated not knowing what to do. I realized ever since I started dating Percy I became dependent on him and not just him all my friends. Or else I felt lost. This wasn't me. The old Annabeth was a warrior and didn't need anyone to help her. Maybe this was my chance. My chance to prove to the world that I can achieve things without anyone's help. But I can't do anything without healing my broken Left side. I cursed. I must have dropped my bag when I was falling off of Blackjack... BLACKJACK! Oh gods I wonder what happened to him. Did he return to the ship or was he captured. Great another thing to add to my things-I-should-be-guilty-for list. I hope Percy isn't too mad when he finds out I lost his horse... Then again I'm his Wise Girl... He won't get mad at me which would make me feel even more guilty. I digged in my pockets and found my emergency Ambrosia and Nectar. I took out 5 of the lemon squares I have. Risky? Yes. But I had to get back on my feet. After I took five that tasted like the soup my dad used to make when I was sick I was able to walk a little but not enough to run. I would have to take Ambrosia everyday. Meanwhile I looked around the room to see if there was even one tiny crack in the wall. But I didn't succeed. Finally I fell asleep on the floor, falling into my world of nightmares.