Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Leo

Leo wake up! Where's Annabeth? Where Are You?! ANSWER ME! WAKE UP!!

I jumped to my feet. For some reason I heard Jason's voice. But that was impossible. Jason wasn't here...right? My clothes were burned and had holes in them. "Great I pack everything except the fireproof jacket and some extra clothes."

"EARTH TO LEO!! THIS IS YOUR COMMANDER SPEAKING!"
"Jason? Is that you? Where are you?" I asked.

"Look right in front of you repair boy!" I followed his directions and saw an Iris-Message.

"Jason! Wow am I glad to see you! I forgot my fireproof jacket! Any way you can send it to me? Fed Ex probably covers over the ocean distances!" They didn't seem amused.

"Wow am I that bad at jokes now? Well thanks for being such a sucky audience!"

"Leo listen to me where's Annabeth!" Jason asked.

My heart fell a little. Here I was millions of miles away from the ship. Almost dead. With no food or water. And they still don't care.

"Uh I'm not sure actually. I saw her but then all of a sudden something hit me and before I fell I saw Annabeth fall too. She's probably on the same island, place, whatever this plac--" I turned around and finally took in the scene. I saw mountains--- or at least I thought they were. I looked closer and screamed a little. They were giants.

"Leo what happened?"

"This place. There are giants everywhere. I think this place is like a mini headquarters. This is where are all the giants stay...until the war."

"Leo you have to find Annabeth and leave immediately!"

"And how exactly am I supposed to do that?! Might I remind you that my airplane was hit! And who knows if Blackjack is still here! He could've been captured!"

"Blackjack is captured again?"

Jason turned and Percy came into view.

"Percy you aren't captured! Holy Hephaestus that means wherever Annabeth is---"

"WHERE'S ANNABETH?! IS SHE OK?"

I shook my head. "I'm not sure where she is Percy. I saw her in the sky but something hit both of us and we fell... In different directions. All I know is that we're at Gaea's headquarters and if she's here she's either A) unconscious or B) captured by the giants."
I had a feeling I wasn't really giving Percy good news. His face was getting paler with every word I said. If I didn't know any better I would've thought he was Nico.

"Hey look man, I'll find her or die trying. But you will see her again..."

"like I would never see Calypso again"

Stop thinking about her. I have to get Annabeth. I looked at Percy's face and he seemed a bit better but not much. He turned and walked back to his cabin.

"Leo hurry back. Make sure Annabeth is alive. And you. You're my best friend Leo. We started this journey together and you aren't going to end it without me," Jason said.

I put my head down. Who knows if I would survive. I didn't have Percy's confidence and Jason's skills. I wasn't smart like Annabeth and didn't have Charmspeak powers like Piper. I didn't see battlefields like Frank or control the mist like Hazel. All I had was my fire and that's supposed to destroy the world. I cut the connection, picked up the remains of my luggage and walked off into the forest to start my search of Annabeth and possibly the start of my last journey.