The Life After Tartarus Ch. 2

Chapter 2: Annabeth

Everyone was coming into the mess hall. I walked in hoping Percy would be there. Then he walked in. I could still see the scars on his arm. They were healing but it still hurt to see him that way. He smiled at me but his eyes were somewhere else. I expected him to come sit next to me but instead he went and stood at the far corner of the room. I sighed. He was keeping his distance from everyone--from me.

"Order in the court! Welcome to our meeting I would like everyone to stand the jury has arrived" said Leo.

"Shut up Valdez." Said frank but he didn't seem annoyed.

I noticed that those two were nicer. Not only that but Leo seemed different. He didn't seem like the kid that swooned after every girl.

"Ok superman why don't you start us off"
"Well obviously were going to Greece now but we have no idea what were up against. Now that we have closed the doors of death thanks to Percy and Annabeth we hae one less thing to worry about..."

The meeting kept going on and I zoned out. I kept trying to figure out why Percy is keeping his distance from me. Is he mad at me for getting him into Tartarus? I kept feeling guilty about it all throughout our voyage in Tartarus. If Percy died it would've been all my fault...

"....so that's really it anything else to add?" Jason asked. Nobody said anything.

"Meeting adjourned" said Leo.
I tried to look for Percy but he was already walking towards his room.

"We need to talk" I said to Percy.