Chapter 45

Soo... I was going to update this on Saturday cuz it was my bday and all but I didn't cuz it was also Easter mass and stuff and I was literally in church for like 5 hours.... So umm... ENJOY!!

----------------------------------------------

Chapter 45: Piper

I watched Leo walk out the door and shut it. Cutting connection from him for a long time. I know he'll come back. Leo is smarter than what he gives himself credit for. He's one of the most selfless people I know.

Another selfless person I know is Percy. Athena says that his fatal flaw is his loyalty but I say it's a gift. Being loyal isn't something you can do easily. It takes guys to go back and save your friends. Percy could've stayed in the infirmary the whole time to be with Annabeth but he came back to fight. He helped Leo and a lot of other people. If Jason were in Annabeth's situation I wouldn't have left. I would've been too scared to leave.

I looked up at the ceiling. It was pitch black outside. But I could see the small traces of fog here and there from the smoke. I shuddered at the thought that some of that smoke is from Annabeth's body.

It still hasn't sunk in that Annabeth was dead. I still expected her to be running around frantically yelling out orders or scolding Grover for eating the furniture. But instead all I heard was silence.

Jason was still asleep as well as Hazel. Leo was gone and Percy was probably still out. I looked at Frank who was desperately trying to stay awake.

"Hey Frank. Go get some rest. I'm gonna go get Percy. Or try to." He didn't even protest and went to the nearest room to crash.

I opened the majestic golden doors to be greeted with a cool crisp breeze. It was nice outside. It was a shame it would be ruined soon with Gaea.

I walked to the burning sight not surprised to see Percy standing there. I silently went up to him and stood there silently looking in the same direction as him. The light breeze seemed to calm me down about everything. The war, Percy, Annabeth.

If there was one thing I was relived about it was the fact that this war is taking place in the original Greece. I would've hated it to be in the states where it would put our families in Danger. Especially my dad. I was scared what would happen if he saw another "mythical creature" I didn't want him to freak out again and get scared. I still haven't told him about my Half Blood life and I hate that I'm keeping it away from him. But he isn't ready. I don't think he's at the level where he can take some news like this. It's only been a few months since Jason, Leo, and I saved my father. Every time I call him I decide I'm going to tell him but the way his forehead scrunched up like he's trying to remember something or the way his eyes holds so much sadness. I couldn't bring myself to tell him.

"I'm a coward." I stated breaking the beautiful silence.

"What are you talking about?" I was startled to hear Percy's voice. I expected him to be like one of those people in the movies that just go through this coma state after their loved ones leave... Wait no... That was only Twilight.

"I still haven't told my father that I'm a half blood. I want to but I can't because I feel like he's not going to take the news right. I'm scared he might think I'm a freak and might send me away. I'm a demigod. A warrior. I should be able to be on my own. But I can't I'm too scared. And the way you went back to fight in the war when you knew Annabeth was Injured. I would've never done that for Jason. I would've stayed there. And if he died I probably would've pulled a Romeo and Juliet and died a long with him."

"Piper that doesn't make you a coward. You don't think I was hoping I could somehow kill myself? You don't think I was thinking to jump into that burning fire while I saw Annabeth's body burning under her shroud? You know. A few years ago when Annabeth and I were still friends I remember burning our shrouds because we completed a quest. Since I didn't have siblings mine was a bed sheet with the word LOSER painted with red courtesy of the Ares cabin. Annabeth... Her's was the same one she was buried in. I remember it being beautiful and I told her it was a shame she wasn't being buried with it. She punched me that day. I would do anything for her to just punch me again. I spoke too soon with that joke. I broke my promise to her. I promised I would never leave her. But I did leave her. I left her when we came back from Tartarus and put distance between us because she was a reminder that we were in Tartarus and it hurt seeing Annabeth in those scratches. I made feel like I was useless. Then I broke up with her just because I was scared of her mom. And then I left we again to go with Jason to go to camp. And I finally left her dying in the infirmary. I was so stupid to not think about the prophecy. I was only thinking of myself. I'm a coward."