Epilogue - 1

"You look stunning, my dear. You're all set for the meeting!" Lily clasped her hands together, beaming brightly. You blushed at the statement before shaking your head.

"Not at all. I'm super nervous... What if I make a bad impression? What if they don't like me?" You began to rant, but Lily stopped you by placing a hand on your shoulder.

"And why wouldn't they? You're just as good as a leader as your father and mother once were. You have a way with words, and you can inspire many, just like how you inspired me and the rest of the servants to revolt," Lily chuckled. "And thanks to you, we're out and free of that dreadful hell."

Perhaps that was true, but you were still doubtful. After Yesung had awakened and managed to properly heal, the two of you returned to the manor with Lily. You decided that there was still a lot to do, to notify all of the servants who had gone here to come back and to clean up the household properly after it had been trashed. However, to your complete surprise, when you had opened the door and took your first step inside the mansion, you had been strangled and crushed by the tight embraces by those very servants that hid behind the door.

"Our lady! Thank god, you have returned to us!" They sobbed tears of joy as you struggled for air in their arms. Your eyes were still wide, but you couldn't hold back the wide smile that tugged at the corner of your lips.

"Yes. Yes, I'm back," you returned their hugs gratefully. You couldn't believe it; you were finally back.

It felt like an eternity has passed since you've been here. And the place was all cleaned up, no visible marks or scratches were present anywhere, but you could tell where some areas had been rebuilt or repainted. The house was just as good as new.

But what had even surprised you more was their next action.

They had gotten onto their knees and bowed.

Bowing to the person standing to your right, your right-hand man, caretaker, guardian, and most importantly— your butler.

Yesung himself was shocked, as he had never experienced this type of treatment before. Especially not from the staff members.

"Huh?"

"Thank you, Mr. Yesung, for protecting the mistress in our place and bringing her back to us. Thank you for taking good care of her and rescuing her," the head chef began to speak.

"And thank you for personally for notifying us about the assassins— we are forever in your favor. Without your assistance, the Kim Household would've been long gone."

You turned to him and gave him a knowing smile. Eyes still wide and gaping in disbelief, his lips turn upwards into a sheepish smile as he dipped his head, not knowing how to react.

"I-I don't know what to say..."

"And we apologize deeply for all of the times we've disrespected you. You're a perfect example of what a proper servant should be, showing us what it takes to protect our mistress. We respect you deeply."

"Then I can expect you to obey any order and carry out any task he asks of you without fail, right?" You stepped forward, intertwining your fingers with Yesung's. He looked back at you alarmed, and you chuckled as you notice color blossom across his face. The staff members gasp, immediately comprehending the situation and quickly obliged.

"Yes, young mistress!"

"Go on," you urged him. Glancing back with a renewed confidence and determination in his eyes, he faces the group.

"And thus, I shall only expect one answer to my orders." 

"Absolutely, sir!"

My Dear Butler On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara