37. Duel

Yesung glanced at you with an apologetic look, a sad smile making its way onto his face. Without waiting for your reaction, he dipped his head and averted his attention back to Leeteuk.

If he was going to die anyway, he might as well die fulfilling his duty, his original purpose. And he had to disobey you in order to do so.

At that moment, you knew that you could never bring yourself to forgive him.

And with that, the final showdown began.

In just a blink of an eye, the two had launched their bodies at each other, both with a deadly blade in their hands. Moving at an inhumane speed, your eyes couldn't keep up with their movements. You were only able to hear the clashes of their swords, but everything else was a blur.

The moment Yesung's weapon collided with Leeteuk's, he knew that he wasn't someone to be toyed around with. He was unlike all of the previous opponents Yesung had taken on, much stronger and more capable. Possibly even more so than Yesung himself. But he couldn't let himself be intimidated, he had something— or someone— to fight for.

Leeteuk uses his strength to knock Yesung back, and Yesung stumbles ever so slightly before regaining his balance. But this misstep had opened up a chance for Leeteuk to attack. Using this opportunity, he quickly flips his sword and swings it, aiming for Yesung's left hip. Fortunately, Yesung was able to react and deflect the blade with his own before it managed to injure him.

Arching an eyebrow, Leeteuk jumps back. "Not bad."

Scoffing, Yesung didn't bother to reply as he kicked off of the ground and lunged towards his enemy with the tip of his sword aimed for his heart. Leeteuk darts out of the way before he could reach him, but Yesung quickly switches direction. Surprised at the sudden action, Leeteuk pulls up his blade in defense.

This particular duel was like a dance, spinning, and twirling as they avoided each attack. You couldn't help but feel a sense of familiarity as you spectated the battle. It was one of those cliché good versus evil battles that were in every fairy tale book that you used to enjoy reading.

And good always won against evil. This fight will turn out the same way, right?

There was only hope.

May good prevail one more time.