28. Servant of Evil

And the day has finally come.

To say you were nervous was an understatement. You were literally trembling, beads of cold sweat forming everywhere on your body. Lily tried to comfort you and attempted to wipe the sweat away, but your sweat glands were persistent.

For the wedding, Leeteuk had actually gotten people to come, despite what happened at the last engagement party he crashed. And as expected, you didn't recognize any of their faces. They were all "friends" of his, and you were horrified at the fact that people would want to befriend such a tyrant.

Most likely for his wealth and power.

But the wedding wasn't the only thing you were worried about. The promise that you made with Lily, telling her that you would resolve and bring back her freedom, along with all the other workers. How were you going to successfully fulfill that promise?

You had an idea in mind, but you didn't know whether it'd work or backfire.

Either way, you still had to try.

And what better than to do it tonight, when he promised to make love to you anyway. And in order to save your life, you reluctantly agreed.

But now you were wondering whether death was actually a better option than to be touched by a demon.

Leeteuk was surprisingly gentle with you ever since he kidnapped you into his own mansion, which was just as grand as your own household. He had not forced you into anything, no, not even sex, for he stated that it wouldn't be "fun" if you didn't want it.

You nearly scoffed, knowing that you'll never want him the same way he claimed he wanted you. And you'll never enjoy it, either.

"Let's wait until the night after the wedding, then?" He had offered, while his hand stroked and grabbed your thigh. "I don't think I can resist any longer than that."

You cringed at the memory. Why, Y/N? Why did you agree?

But it's not like you had that much of a choice anyway. He would've done it to you sooner or later, and if you were to say "no", you couldn't imagine what might've gone down afterwards.

So you went with the best possible option. "Yeah, let's do that."

Y/N, what have you gotten yourself into?

Two hours later, you found yourself in the dressing room, waiting to put on your makeup and wedding attire. This was probably the only thing you were excited for. You had caught a glimpse of the huge bouquet that consisted of nearly all the flowers you could think of, bounded together by a large lavender ribbon that was tied into a bow.

"Be right back, I'm going to go retrieve the wedding dress from the other room," Lily said as she walked out. You nodded as you watched yourself in the mirror, admiring the work that Lily and the other helpers had done to your face and hair. Several pins in the shape of flowers adorned and held up your braided hair, along with extensions that had been put on in order to make the hairstyle work. Hanging delicately from your ears were diamond earrings provided by Leeteuk himself, and he had insisted for you to wear it. And he had even given you a diamond necklace to match, in which you didn't put on yet.

You didn't feel like yourself, and you tried to fix your expression in the mirror, but... it was extremely difficult when you aren't truly feeling happy.

You hated this whole ordeal. You didn't want to marry Leeteuk. You didn't want to accept the fact that your entire family was gone, including Yesung. You didn't want to accept the fact that one of your closest friends had brutally backstabbed you and forcefully pushed you into this hell.

Suddenly, you felt tears stinging your eyes, but you couldn't let them fall for the sake of them ruining Lily's hard work. And for the sake of being strong, you had to conceal everything, though your true feelings must've been painfully obvious to everyone by now. You dipped your head as you struggled to hold them back.

Then you heard the door open and close, and you exhaled deeply, trying to regain your composure.

"Welcome back, Lily—"

Instead of Lily's soft, meek, high pitched voice, you heard a reply from a slightly deeper, more silky voice that caused murky dread to fill your body.

"And to you too, Miss Y/N."

You whipped your head upwards as you scanned your reflection, and standing right behind you was none other than your personal maid.

No, she wasn't your personal maid. Not anymore.

She had now become a servant of Leeteuk. A servant of evil.

Cecilia smirked, her darkened eyes filled with a sort of malicious evil as she pulled out a blade from behind and plunged it into your shoulder.