22. ¿

"And we meet again,

Cecilia."

Yesung glared at the masked woman that stood in front of him. He didn't need to see her face to recognize her.

Beaming at the sound of her name coming from his lips, Cecilia felt her heart skip multiple beats. Taking off her mask, she locked eyes with him. She twirled her hair around her finger and bit her lip seductively.

Because she had successfully accomplished her mission-- somewhat-- she had received her reward. The initial orders were to find and eliminate her attacker, which turned out to be her prize. But it wouldn't be a problem as just a few yards away lay her prime target, and of course, Leeteuk was more than satisfied with her work.

"It's been a while, hasn't it?" She strode over to him and stroked his jawline. Yesung dared to glance down and stared her dead in the eye. Her eyes were filled with wanting, glazed over with lust. But nonetheless, he didn't waver.

"I didn't," he retorted.

"Tch. You'll have to deal with me anyway." Her eyes moved up and down his body, a smirk playing on her lips as her tongue flickered in and out through them.

"Now that I finally have my reward, let's get down to business."

Cecilia's fingers quickly latched on to the hem of his dress shirt, and she immediately felt electricity running through her veins. Unable to control herself, her hands moved to unbutton his shirt, her teeth gnawing on her lips. But before she could, Yesung slapped her hand away.

"Don't think that we can just forget about everything that happened in the past," he gritted bitterly as Cecilia clutched her hand, an expression full of hurt on her face. It was quickly replaced with another suggestive smirk, which disgusted him.

"Oh, Jongwoon. We can't linger in the past forever! And it's not like we can do anything to change it. What's happened had happened."

Yesung stiffened as he averted his attention away.

"But what we can do is to take advantage of the present and have some fun," Cecilia licked her lips as she tore off her blouse and tackled Yesung onto the bed behind him. As he fell backward, she leaned forward into him. But before she could successfully land her lips anywhere, he had shoved her off and rolled off of the bed. Cecilia growled in frustration at the action and quickly lost her cool.

"Why, Yesung? Why are you so hung up on that delusional bitch?! Why can't you just accept me? She's never given a damn about you, why are you so fucking blind?!" She shrieked furiously.

Yesung scoffed and shook his head in disbelief at her sudden outburst.

"If anyone's deserving of that title, it would be you. You've bullied me, hurt me in unspeakable ways. While you were busy gossiping and trying to drag my reputation, she was the one who stayed beside me and patched my wounds."

"What is so lovable about her anyway? What does she have that I don't?!"

"For starters, a loving heart."

"Jongwoon, you already have my love and heart! What more do you want from me? I've already given you my all, everything that a man could ever want!" Her face was burning with rage, her eyes desperate. "She's selfish and ungrateful—"

"No, she's selfless and generous. And I don't want your love."

"What if I told you it was all for show? What if I told you she never actually cared?"

"I wouldn't believe you, because actions speak louder than words. And they say otherwise."

"Oh, but you don't know her." Cecilia managed. "I pity you for having to constantly feign love and care for her. Do you think she actually loves you? For the love of god, she's in love with the dead!"

Yesung gulped as she continued. "I don't need your pity-"

"You were never her first priority. Remember how she ran off just to join Donghae? That just proves how much she doesn't care. She didn't even give a second thought about you."

"You were merely a doll, a toy for her to play with until she found a better one."

"She doesn't need you anymore."

Yesung's expression darkened with each word, his carefully stitched heart coming back apart. Each syllable struck a chord in his heart, rendering him speechless. All of his previous doubts and fears came rushing back to him. It didn't help that the last conversation he had with you was for him to leave you alone, which only worsened the feeling.

Did she really not care anymore? Would she just abandon me like this?

Did she ever love me?

Was it all just a lie?

No, it couldn't have. It had to be true at some point. Your knowing smiles, your words, the kiss you shared, goddammit— it had to be real.

Shuddering, he regains his composure. "She doesn't have to return my love. Just knowing that she is content with her life along with her significant other is enough for me," he forces out.

"Just seeing her beautiful smile, though it isn't for me, would be enough for me."

"Because that's how much I love her."