34. Scene Stealer

Leeteuk's eyes burned with rage as he eyed the man. You lowered your head as you tried to hide your smile.

His right-hand man woman, his sidekick— dead and unmoving on the floor. From the moment he recruited her, Leeteuk knew that he had made a terrible mistake.

The entire room became dead silent as Yesung returned the glare with equal, possibly even more intensity, his expression filled with determination as he stood his ground. So silent that you could hear a pin drop. The atmosphere thick and heavy with tension, nobody dared to move.

"You."

Leeteuk's voice resonated loudly through the room, the sudden noise frightening some of the audience members. "I remember you."

Raising an eyebrow, Yesung calmly replied.

"And so do I. We meet again."

Leeteuk smirked as his eyes examined his opponent, immediately knowing how to provoke and attack him. You saw his knowing smile and you gulped, unable to guess what he was about to do. As quickly as it had appeared, the smirk returned back to a frown.

"Why are you here? I don't remember inviting you," Leeteuk muttered darkly, and Yesung scoffed.

"And in all black... Surely you must have a motive?" Leeteuk added as he jerked your arm forward and you crashed into his chest, your arms instinctively wrapping around him. Yesung's face faltered, his eyes narrowing. Quickly regaining his composure, he straightens himself.

"Then you must already know what I'm here for. But that's not the only reason."

Snapping his fingers, the doors behind him opened and to your surprise— yes, even you— there was Lily, leading a literal army behind her, all in black. Yesung tried to bite back a smile as he watched Leeteuk's jaw drop, knowing that he had succeeded.

But not yet. It was still too early to celebrate.

"How did you—"

You watched intently as Lily stepped forward. "We are sick and tired of your tyranny. Every single day, we had to suffer because of you, constantly faking loyalty just to keep our lives. Today is different. We shall end your reign once in for all. We will finally fight with our lives for our freedom instead of submitting to you, and we shall succeed!"

Yes! Go get it, girl!

Lily thrusted her sword upwards, and the rebelling servants followed suit.

You wanted to run to Lily, throw your arms around her and tell her how proud you were of her, but you had to keep up this facade.

"This means war."

Guards that were still loyal to Leeteuk gathered and stood in front of the both of you, acting as a shield. Eyes narrowing, Lily screamed.

"Chaaaarge!!"

You could only watch on unmoving as your feet were glued onto the ground. Events from the past calamity seemed to repeat themselves, except this time it was worse. It wasn't just people getting attacked— there were people being straight up murdered. Beheaded. Dismembered. Blood every hue of red smeared and stained the light-colored decorations, completely torn and destroyed in the madness. And the deafening, shrill screams of the victims as they struggled to escape, along with the obnoxious clanging of metal as weapons clashed matched the gruesome sight.

This was a literal blood bath.

Leeteuk's sanity seemed to be depleting with each passing second, his eyes bulging from his face as he yelled and shouted orders at his men. Frustrated because nobody seemed to be able to hear him over all that noise, and that the rebelling servants were (surprisingly) overpowering his men.

Muttering curses under his breath, he turned to you. As his eyes locked with yours, his expression quickly cooled and changed as he threw a quick sweet smile at you.

"I apologize for what's about to come next, but this is to keep you safe. I can't have anyone stealing my wife away while I'm busy, right?"

"I promise I'll come for you later." Leeteuk planted a quick kiss on your forehead and you flinched.

Then the rest happened in a flash. The ground beneath you gave way and you collapsed into the floor. You flailed helplessly as you tried to reach for something to latch onto, but to no avail as your fingers barely missed the side of the trap door.

A sudden blur of black shot past the corner of your eye, and you felt a pair of arms wrap securely around your waist. A familiar face suddenly appeared beside you as Yesung flipped you over onto him, so that he would be the one to absorb the impact when the both of you hit the bottom.

Yesung, no—

Your heart seemed to stop as you continued to fall, and the only thing preventing your consciousness from slipping away was the presence of your butler. You couldn't even bring yourself to scream.

As your bodies collided with the concrete floor— or well, only his— Yesung gave a loud shout in pain, followed by hisses and moans. His face was twisted in agony, and you were dizzy from the fall. You felt your heart wrench as you saw how his eyebrows knitted together in pain, squirming ever so slightly as groans escaped his lips.

"Yesung—!"

Your words were interrupted as the trapdoor closed from above, cutting off any source of light, leaving the both of you in darkness.

"Why, you idiot? Why would you do that to yourself?" You unknowingly spoke your thoughts aloud as you clung onto his limp body.

A light chuckle echoed in the room.

"I'm always willing to exchange my life for yours, my lady. And I guess I am pretty foolish to do so."

Like how I became a fool for you. A selfless fool at that.