6. Toast

The next morning, you woke up with a large smile plastered on your face

The next morning, you woke up with a large smile plastered on your face. You didn't know when Donghae would come by, so you excitedly threw on a random outfit and escaped the confines of your room.

You were in an amazing mood, ready to take on absolutely anything thrown at you. And your parents were still sleeping soundly in their room. So you ventured down the kitchen, a place your parents discouraged you from going (their reasoning that you could easily hurt yourself), and greeted the chefs and maids.

"Lady Y/N! What are you doing up so early? Dawn had just ended!" One chef inquired, tilting his head.

"Oh, I don't know. And after dawn, it's morning! It's really not that early," you smiled. "Are you making breakfast already?"

The chef nodded, and your eyes widened in curiosity. "Can I help?"

"Lady Y/N, you know your parents-"

"Hush, my parents are still asleep. It's fine as long as nobody tells them what happened," you winked at the chef. "And I'm the one who's getting a scolding, not you."

"A-Ah..."

"So what are we making?"

The chef lead you to a bunch of dishes that were just made, and you inhaled the intoxicating aroma.

"Wow, you're truly a wonderful chef! This smells so good—" You reached to take a piece of toast from the toaster, but your chef pulled your arm back before you could.

"Lady Y/N, don't do that! It's dangerous, the toaster will burn you if you aren't careful enough! And can't you wait until breakfast?"

You grumbled. "But I am being careful!"

"You were literally about to stick your fingers into the toaster—"

The toaster let out a pleasant ding! and you immediately jumped and grabbed the piece of toast. You raced out of the kitchen with the chef hot on your tail (and the toast hot in your hands, nearly burning into your skin), and you grinned mischievously when you finally lost him.

Well, you thought.

The household was slowly waking, and as you were scanning your back for anyone that the chef might've sent after you, you crashed into the back of your butler, the toast in your hand sent flying.

"Oh my god, Father, it's not what you think—" you blurted, but you were cut off by a chuckle.

"Father? My lady, are you alright?"

You glanced up and finally realized the true identity of the person you bumped into, and color immediately blossomed across your face.

"Oh—"

Yesung burst into laughter at your reaction, his eyes wrinkling and disappearing into crescents as he laughed heartily. You tried your best to hide your embarrassment, smiling awkwardly and clasped your hands behind your back. But his laughter was contagious and before long, you were cackling along with him.

You haven't laughed so hard in so long.

Finally regaining your composure, you combed through your hair and straightened your dress as he brushed his coat.

"Well, someone seems to be in a good mood," Yesung smiled knowingly at you. "What caused you to be up so early? And what did you do the chef that put him in such a frenzy? I heard yelling downstairs."

You shrugged. "Oh, I don't know! I woke up extremely hyper and excited, but I felt really hungry too, so I threw on a dress and ran straight to the kitchen. The chef was preparing some delicious food for breakfast and he told me to wait, but knowing the impatient brat I was— and the fact that I was hungry— so I grabbed a piece of toast and blasted off before he could catch me. Then I accidentally bumped into you." You nodded proudly. Yesung shook his head in disbelief, laughing.

"You're such a child..." Yesung patted your head softly with a lovely smile. The two of you continued to chat as you strolled around the household.

"Since you don't have a schedule today, I'm planning to visit the town to see my parents." Your eyes widened.

"Can I come?" You asked eagerly, completely forgetting about the meeting with Donghae. Yesung beamed.

"Of course, I was hoping you'd ask."

"Okay, then let's leave after breakfast!" You chirped.