14

Trigger Warning- Mentions of suicide attempt

"Holy shit, you have a car?!"

Evan blushed lightly at Connor's comment, but nodded, "Y-yeah.. I don't really use it though.."

"Where'd you get this? I've never seen you drive before," Connor stepped forward to the red SUV in the cold garage.

"I've a-always had it.. I-it was my d-dad's. He l-left it here.." Evan explained slowly, looking down at the ground when mentioning his father.

"Your dad?" Connor looked back at him.

Evan only hummed in response. He should've known this topic would've came up, he couldn't avoid it forever.

"Shit-Did I-Fuck, that's a touchy topic, isn't it?" Connor scolded himself, after seeing how Evan reacted to him asking about his dad.

"Nonono! I-it's fine- I mean, y-you didn't know and it's not your fault!" Evan told him, snapping his head back up to Connor.

Connor huffed, "... If you say so.. Anyway, why are you bringing your backpack?" He asked, pointing a finger to the bag Evan was wearing.

"Well, t-the area we're going to has an excellent scenery, so I-it'll be nice to get some work done! Plus, f-first aid.." Evan replied, opening the back door and put his bag gently down on one of the seats.

Connor shrugged, "Okay, I'll go grab my satchel," he went back inside the small house and returned a moment later with his satchel. He carelessly threw it into the back with Evan's bag, not caring where it landed.

Evan grabbed the keys from a hook in the garage, and pressed the 'unlock' button, unlocking the SUV. He went to the driver's seat and slowly opened the door, while Connor went to the passenger's seat and climbed in.

Evan took a breath, he could do this, it had been a while since he had driven, but it'd be okay. The more you drive, the easier it gets, right? He sat in the driver's seat and ignited the engine.

The SUV roared to life, all the gages lighting up as Evan put his seatbelt on and checked to see how much gas he had. Half a tank, nope, gotta stop at a gas station. He glanced at Connor, who hadn't put his seatbelt.

"Connor, s-seatbelt," Evan said expectingly.

Connor looked at Evan and huffed lightly, but gave in and put his seatbelt on.

Evan hummed softly and changed gears. "You can t-turn the radio on, if you want.. I listen to p-pretty much anything.."

Connor nodded to him and turned on the radio, then looked for a good station as Evan backed out.

Connor didn't have a clue on where Evan was taking him, but he said it'd cheer him up, so he just had to believe him on that and he patient.

~~~

"Y-you didn't have to pay for ice cream, you know?"

"Hey, you're the one trying to cheer me up, it was the least I could do. Besides, I know you hate ordering food and shit."

"Ha, okay, t-that's true, heh."

Connor smiled contently as he finished his ice cream cone. They had made two stops; one at the gas station for gas, and the second time was at A La Mode, where they purchased some ice cream to go. Evan had already had his before they left, and Connor was just finishing his.

"So, you still haven't told me where we're heading," Connor stated, looking outside the window.

"W-we're almost there! Just give me one more m-minute," Evan explained, seeing their destination in the distance. Connor simply rolled his eyes and waited for them to arrive.