15

After a while from Evan's confession, he started to calm down at last, tiring himself out from crying so hard. A cold breeze flew past the two, making Evan shiver and nuzzle his head into Connor's jacket.

Connor didn't put much thought into what he did next. He pulled away from the embrace and unzipped his jacket, taking it off and placing it onto Evan's shoulders. Evan perked up and looked at him.

"C-Connor.. This is.. your jacket.. I couldn't.." he took the jacket from his shoulders and set it back into Connor's arms.

"Yes, you could. You're cold, and I have a jacket," Connor said sternly, once again putting his jacket on his shoulders.

"B-but-" Evan started to protest once more, but Connor cut him off, saying, "No butts except yours in that jacket."

Evan sighed, "Y-you'll get cold, too, Con.."

"I have some long sleeves on and the walk to the car isn't that long. Now stop complaining and put that jacket on," Connor was indeed wearing a long sleeved shirt. It was a light purple and was currently being unrolled from his elbows to his wrists.

Evan said nothing and pulled his hands through the jacket sleeves, only draping slightly from his arms. The jacket itself went down just a little bit past his waist, and Evan was surprised how well it fit.

Keeping the silence present, Connor swiftly grabbed Evan's hand and started to lead him out of the orchard. They didn't talk for the entire way back, until after they climbed back over the fence, when Connor spoke up.

"I'm gonna drive us home. You're not in a good enough mental state to behind the wheel," Connor told him, coming to a stop at the car.

"I.. I can drive.." Evan tried to argue.

Connor shook his head, "I'm not letting you drive. Now can I have the keys?"

Evan sighed but dug the keys out of his pocket, and held them out to Connor, who thanked him and got into the driver's seat. Evan tiredly climbed into the passenger seat and then shut his eyes. He felt someone leaning over him before hearing the buckle of his seatbelt, which made smile a bit and lean back into his chair. He didn't even realize he had fallen asleep for a short while, then was being shaken by Connor, the car no longer in motion.

"Wake up, sleepy head. We're at your house," Connor teased with a light grin, taking his hand off his shoulder. Evan grumbled and rolled onto his shoulder stubbornly.

"You'll have to c-carry me in.." Evan said, but of course, he was only joking.

Connor shrugged his shoulders, "Whatever," he exited the car and went to Evan's side, and lifted the young blonde bridal style out of the car, earning a squeak from him, who immediately grabbed onto both of Connor's shoulders and held on tight to him. Connor laughed at his reaction and turned around, kicked the car door shut, and carried Evan to the front door.

"I d-didn't think you'd actually do t-this.." Evan confessed, relaxing somewhat into his hold but not completely. He shifted slightly so he could lay his head on Connor's shoulder, now having his other arm around Connor's neck.

"You underestimated me; that was a mistake," Connor joked, stopping at the door, and was about to bend down to let Evan go, when he felt the other shift again.

Evan took out a key from his pocket, stuck it into the keyhole before turning it, grabbed the door handle and turned that, and pushed the door open. Connor raised an eyebrow, but stepped inside the house, closing the door behind him. He then set down Evan on the couch.

"So, how're you feeling?" Connor sat down beside him. "And I don't mean as in your mood. I mean like, mental state wise."

"Err.. B-better than before," Evan said.