Chapter Twenty-Four - Home

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" Cece said to Russell and I as we stood outside the train station. "I spoke to Ben and he said that he would pick you and Russell up from the station over there."

I smiled as I nodded my head at Cece. She was worried because she knew where Russell and I would be going. She knew it would be a lot to take in and she didn't want the worst to happen, especially after the incident at school.

"Great." I said to her as it hadn't been that long since we last saw each other. "I'll be looking forward to seeing him and his cute little girlfriend."

Russell looked in between my aunt and I as he didn't know what was going on, not that I expected him to understand, at least not until we got to our destination.

"Mom I think they're good to go." Sam told Cece as she pulled away from Russell and I after giving the each of us a hug.

"You're right." Cece nodded her head as we needed to board the train before it departed, not that it would happen anytime soon.

My family said their goodbyes to us as Russell and I soon got onto the train, a very well known routine for me and a very new experience for him. I directed him to our seats and I choose the window as he didn't want the sun to shine in his face.

I was a bit anxious to see whether or not Russell would be alright with the place I had chosen to show him. Yet he did allow me the freedom to chose where the two of us would go and after taking my families suggestion I thought this town would be best.

The natural beauty mixed with the culture from the diverse population living there along with the architecture allowed an environment like no other. The air was always clear and everyone was focused on accomplishing whatever they set their minds to.

After the few hours the train ride consisted of, Russell and I finally met up with Ben and his girlfriend, Mary. They took us to the hotel that we would be staying in for the next week as we needed to check in and drop off our carry-ons.

Ben and Mary invited us to eat dinner with them and we accepted as I knew what they were doing, they wanted to welcome Russell by taking him to a place I used to love going to.

The four of us went to the familiar family own restaurant and greeted the family that I used to see every other day. I wonder how they were.

"Jane?" The older man who's face I couldn't seem to forget as he was my father's best friend. "You've grown so much."

I smiled and nodded my head as I hugged the man.

I didn't want to make a scene in front of Russell as he still had yet to know the truth behind our trip here.

"I know." I whispered. "I hope everything has been great with you."

He nodded and then we soon parted ways as he could tell I had a guest who was not of this town.

"You know the owners?" Russell asked me as I took my seat next to him.

"I do." I spoke. "Cece has made a lot of connections over the years and he just happened to be one of them."

Although I lied about knowing Robert, I didn't lie completely as Cece did have a lot of connections around the world, including this small town.

Dinner concluded rather late as all four of us enjoyed the conversation we were having, discussing various topics in depth while also speaking of the possibilities the future holds for us.

I wanted to show Russell everything I used to love that this place had to offer.

***

"Come on Russell!" I shouted at him as he shook his head at me. "It's not even that cold."