Chapter Fourteen - Date Night and Untold Truths

After a few hours of doing nothing at home, I finally got ready and met with Alexander near a fountain for our date.

While walking to the aquarium we passed by a familiar spot. It was one that happened to ironically catch my eye.

"How come you never showed up that day?" I asked Alexander as I stopped in front of the infamous cafe that he never showed up at. "You know I waited for you. Like an hour after the time we were suppose to meet at."

"I know. I saw you." Alexander said as he stood next to me looking at the cafe as I looked at him.

How did he know? And why did he never tell me that he saw me?

"You let me just walk away?" I asked in a voice that had a hit of disappointment. If it wasn't because of him then I wouldn't have met Russell.

"Not necessarily." Alex said as he turn towards me. "I was working inside the cafe because that's where I have my job. You just never came in and when I was about to get you my manager told me to take out the trash. I followed orders quickly and once I came back you were gone."

     I didn't know how to process the information as I never really imagine at that moment that he was already inside, nevertheless working there.

"It's not your fault, if anything it's mine. I should've gone to you earlier instead of waiting for you to come inside." Alexander spoke with a sigh and I shook my head.

"It's not your fault." I said with a smile. "Maybe it wasn't time for us to meet yet. Maybe I had to get my heart broken to realize who is worth my time and who isn't."

It was an obvious hint that I meant what I said in a good way. But I knew there was more meaning to it than what I implied.

   Alexander took my hand by surprise and with a smile he spoke.

   "Let's go visit another world." And soon we left walking hand-in-hand toward the aquarium.

   Once we arrived we saw that they had closed off a part in order for maintenance, but as an alternative they were having different sea shows all day long.

   Alexander and I went to the show with penguins who were doing different tricks, even making us cheer as they raced each other down a slope. The penguin named Derek won.

I couldn't help but laugh as they walked as it was so adorable. Waddling around while flapping their little flippers made my day.

"Aren't they adorable Alex?" I asked as I looked up, finding his eyes on me. He nodded his head with a light blush on his cheeks. I guess I caught him off guard.

"Very." Was what he replied.

We continued to watch the shows and soon we walked over towards an area that was filled with different games. Each game represented something in relation to an animal.

There was a lion game that made you hunt animals as if you were one of them. It was a hard but entertaining game as you had to capture all the animals in order to win.

"Are you sure you want to play this? It's pretty hard." I told Alexander but he shrugged it off as the game started and he never missed a shot.