‡ Chapter 24 ‡

NOT EDITED. I WILL LATER.

PLEASE VOTE!! MORE VOTES, FASTER UPDATES! <3 

+++

I fell off the bed.  Specifically—shoved in surprise. 

That was all I recalled from last night; falling off the damn bed. 

Now I woke up to myself tucked under my warm blankets, tucked nicely with—“The hell?” I grumbled and held the empty wine bottle. 

Sitting upright, a mental brick slammed against my skull and I clutched my charcoal bird nest hair.  My moan prolonged for what seemed like eternity and when I thought it disappeared, another strong wave knocked back into my head.  I seized my churning stomach and suddenly shifted on my side to watch revolting chunks fly out of my mouth. 

The nurses soon heard the gagging and rushed in, shrieking at what happened before gazing at the sea of bottles across the bed. 

I wasn’t even able to be nerve wracked about what happened last night, occupied with the fact my brain was mentally being smacked off the wall a thousand times and the nauseous feeling sourcing from the pit of my moaning stomach.

“Here.” The same nurse who aided to my needs when I first arrived at Eagles pressed a mug to my wet lips.  “It’s honey, lemon and hot water.  It’ll replenish the fluids and sugars you lost to the hangover.” 

I lifted my chin to urge her to tip it in my mouth—hands not wanting to move.  Warmth spread down my throat and I sighed, taking another sip.  A burnt tongue was the last of my worries with this golden remedy at my disposal. 

Then a nurse burst through the door, and said frantically, “Romane needs help too!” 

Half the nurses evacuated from the room and I perhaps I should have been offended if it wasn’t for my curiosity swimming among my thoughts. 

“What did he do now?” I croaked. 

The nurse’s round cheeks pinched higher with her smile.  “That phrase usually means he drank too much the other night.”   The mug halted by my bottom lip and I whimpered.  Her gears were shifting and her eyes held a knowing glint.  “You weren’t drinking with the leader last night were you?”

I just grabbed the mug myself and downed half the hot liquid.  Gulping, I said in a smoother voice, “I don’t know.  Last night was a blur.” 

Her features still held that mischievous sparkle, failing to conceal her growing smile.  “Oh.  Alright.” 

Irritated at her expression, my grip tightened around the mug and the hot remedy shoved back the creative words I wished to flourish. 

The more I tried piecing what happened last night, the more my head hurt so I refused to think anymore, drifting back to sleep.

+++

I kid you not, I didn’t get out of bed until the next day.  I was behind in my training and I couldn’t waste one more second. 

My breath was rigid and uneven, wrapping the bandages around both bleeding knuckles.  The pain was numbed in my hands as I was training myself this new practice.  Pain could only happen if I accepted it.  If I refused to feel the pain, refused against stinging on my open wounds; the Cold blood side would contribute its emotionless traits where I felt nothing.   

But the Cold Blood side had its negatives.  The ego was surfacing so before I began this morning, I locked the training room door and allowed the demon to step out.