‡ Chapter 19 ‡

I figured out who plays Romane.  Cam Gigandet >>at the side

PLEASE VOTE :)

Multi switching: Writing & FIFA ;)

GO BRA-ZIILLLLL!!!

Not edited I repeat not edited! I’m poker face serious

-_-  <-- see this? So serious.

+++

White tiles.  Rows and rows, it growing infinite.  My eyes rolled to the back of my head.  Images of the empty hospital room flashed, the loneliness returning.  My lungs tightened.  I thrashed, and screamed, gripping soft sheets that my body sank in. 

A female spoke in a hush voice, reassuring me that everything was going to be okay.    

My breath hitched and the scream immediately died in my throat.  Levi’s voice was dominant yet calm, and I shivered from the strange change.  “Wrap your arms around my waist.”  I didn’t hesitate and hugged him tight, squeezing my eyes shut as well.  There was a chance I might have broke his ribs from my firm grip.  His arms remained spread.  He said those six words I had been secretly waiting for since this life changing journey happened:

“Everything is going to be okay.”         

The problem was, judging by our current falling-off-of-skyscraper state, I hoped the next following second, I could believe him.   

His voice broke my chest apart.  The angelic image of Levi went into flames, dissolving into ashes that formed a devil.  His smoky hand reached out, reaching for my throat. 

My stumbling heels tried to push off the mattress, but I couldn’t move, chained to the bed frame.  Icy fear showered across my body, sending the nerves in hysteria.  A leash weaved its way around my neck, the collar shaping into a black snake and suddenly pulled.  I gasped and clenched the blankets harder, my throat tightening. 

The lack of oxygen sent my mind spiralling down.  Spinning.  Disordered blurs fogged everything.  “Darling,” slithered the demon.  I glanced up and the snake collar tightened more than I could imagine.  Levi’s demon honey eyes made a striking pierce in mine.  He was staring into the window’s of my soul.  He saw raw fear and nothing else.  His hand was closer.  No air.  Need air.  My chest expanded, frantically trembling, ready to explode. 

I persisted my fight against the chains but they kept digging unbearable pains into my skin.  The deep rumbles from the floor overpowered my pleas. 

His ghostly ink coloured fingers grasped the collar.  My eyes refused to shut and I watched smoke fall off his shoulder, around his arm, and past his wrist.  The smoke cloud clasped onto the collar.  Like a leash. 

Chuckles thundered from Levi’s belly, his hand holding the leash.  My eyes fluttered.  Vision was getting spotty.  No air. 

You always have a choice, darling.” 

Then one word wheezed past my salty lips, surprising Levi, surprising me. 

“Liar.”

Suddenly life disappeared.

+++

“That was one nasty dream you had,” said that soft, assuring female voice from earlier.

A strong beam of white penetrated my eyelids.  Puffing a breath, I blinked a couple of times before digesting this new territory.  White tiled floors gleamed, the walls painted white, angels dancing and laughing and being human.