‡ Chapter 22 ‡

Over 310 votes and comments?

Fans self.  Thank you from the bottom of my Cold Blooded heart.

Sorry for the late update. 

I had soccer games, accelerated math classes and a baseball party to attend.   My apologizes. 

And if you have any banners or covers you want me to post, feel free to send me the LINK. As in a LINK to it for example from photobucket.

Now enjoy!!

*NOT EDITED!! I’m SO SORRY!*

PLEASE VOTE!!!

+++

I didn’t know the meaning of life anymore. 

At first I thought it was simply books, cozy blankets, scoring a successful education and perhaps stumbling upon the love of your life. 

I didn’t expect bullets, illegal drugs, dangerous gangs and ground shaking lies to define my life.

But it did.

If I knew reality was crashing towards me with a wave that could sweep my body up, snapping the bones I laboriously mended together countless times, leaving a crippled girl laying broken on the cold surface.  If I knew, I was going to dive into those deep waters rather than allow myself to sink. 

Shattered, my brain was.  I was a survivor.  Allowing my emotions to conquer me once again was no option for a survivor. 

I was going to dive. 

Every ounce of anger that washed up, I thrust it towards the sandbag my knuckles punched. 

Every degree of frustration that crawled up, I shoved it up against my muscles that pushed the bar higher. 

Every inch of betrayal that dared to sneak up, I fed it to my pleading legs that ran twenty miles a day. 

The pounding confusion, and sadness that taunted to destroy my soul was moulded into the strength I put into each bullet I penetrated through the target, each blade that cut through the target, each kick, punch, swing, jump,  I placed myself in. 

I was not concealing like a coward.  I was embracing like a warrior. 

A warrior that was somehow going to end this growing army of Snipers. 

I didn’t notify Romane my loose plan, assuming he either knew or it wasn’t the time to tell. 

The focus was towards strengthening me for the event that was bigger than all of us.

Time became nothing.  Keeping track was not the priority.  When the time came, whenever they decided to make a move,

to destroy me,

I would be ready. 

My black ponytail whipped around as I spun my foot across the dummy’s face.  The spilling sand hitting the floor eased my clenched fists and I caught a breather to seize the view of thirty sprawled dummies. 

My toes wiggled in the mountains of sand towards my water bottle.  Popping the lid open, the squirt of liquid renewed my exhausting muscles. 

I avoided the use of my drug.  It was an emotion I could not embrace.  Its powers were growing stronger, and at times, I had to stop practicing whenever it tried to control my soul.  The voices were less frequent after I ignored the curse. 

“Wildcat.”

I placed the bottle back on the weapon table and met the Eagle’s Eye. 

He roamed barefoot across the miniature desert, dressed in a Japanese white robe.  Blond hair was cut unlike the stubble on his defined chin.  What erected my thick brow was his sly smile.