‡ Chapter 6 ‡

A single bulb illuminated the only light of the pitch black room. Seven oddly shaped wine glasses full of a clear liquid sat on top of a tall transparent round table.

"We're off schedule. We've been waiting," hissed Levi. He emerged from the darkness wearing a black collared shirt with two daring buttons undone and a pair of black jeans.

Four flawless models followed behind, all dressed in goth clothing and fishnet fabrics. People appearing from the dark? What was this? A vampire ritual? Some sort of demon gathering?

Cray pointed an accusing finger at Snapback. "It was her fault."

"Was not!" she snarled, shoving him. He was about to take a step before Levi wedged between.

"I swear I'm killing both of you if you both don't shut up," he growled.

"She needed the full treatment, sir. I didn't think she'd take that long, but... I underestimated her appearance," Snapback said, resting her hand on my shoulder. "But I made her gorgeous, so there's no need for complain." A pang of shock almost caught off my solemn face.

Levi weighed my new appearance and stroked his cleanly shaved chin. "Gorgeous?" His perfect pointed nose wrinkled. "Try decent."

Nearly flinching, I rose my chin, and crossed my arms. "I thought you said you were behind schedule?"

Annoyed, his nostrils flared and he snatched my wrist rather hard. Dragging my body to the table, I straightened my back as the other four Snipers stared with hatred. I noticed Casper was one of them, dressed well with an ink leather jacket and jeans, his stare replaced by a tiny smile. His blonde hair was slicked to the side today.

I smiled back. Levi threw a sharp glare towards Casper. "We shall start," he commanded. I jerked my wrist off of him and stood broadly with everyone else. Confidence boosted through my system. I might have been considered weak in that gym, but from now on, I was to remain strong.

Levi waved his hand over the table and a green grid appeared on the surface. "This week's game of haja sangue includes all of China." He tapped the screen. "Here's one hundred targets." Photos of diverse people scattered across. One consisted of a man stepping out of a limo. Another was having a casual chat on the phone. He double tapped. A photo of a bald man wearing a tux was gladly accepting an award. "Tonight, we're gonna make this man our bitch."

Cray rubbed his hands together, staring at the photo like food. "The golden goose."

Needles of confusion kept poking my mind to ask for an explanation. "Your brows are scrunched," Levi stated. I blinked and cocked my head to the side. "You're confused, aren't you?"

Denial was aimed, but I retracted, and crossed my arms. "The fact that I've never done this before should clearly state your answer. Because in my perspective, I expect half of you to flash your vampire fangs and admit this is feasting night."

Cray snorted. "The only one with fangs at this table is Vamp."

A gorgeous pale girl had an evil grin scrawled across her oval face, two sharp teeth gleaming. She curled her blonde locks around her white fingers while toying with a knife. "They add a hint of fear, no?" she spoke, her voice slithering a husky, playful tone.

"She's not actually a vampire," Snapback whispered, leaning down my ear. I watched as Vamp skillfully twirled the blade around her finger. "She just got them carved into fangs when she was twelve, the age she became a Sniper."

Vamp suggestively licked the knife at Levi. He arched a brow. I gave Snapback a short nod, and she leaned away as Levi spoke. "Since we have a newbie at the table"-I kept a boasted chin-"I'll explain how this works."