Better? Better

Skylar's Pov:

"So you're telling me that you get to control a person and tell them what to do, like steal a car and kill someone without getting in trouble?"

"Ha well yea, it's a video game." Devon said.

"And what is this video game called?" I asked.

"It's called Grand Theft Auto."

"Oh, interesting."

After a long and painful ringing in my ear, Devon and I were finally in the cafeteria about to eat lunch.

I will never get use to that annoying bell.

Looking at Devon, I noticed he looked uneased.

We were standing, with our lunch tray, looking for a place to sit.

Well I believe that was what we were doing.

After about a few seconds, I caught the scent of something.

It was a smell I knew all to well, vanilla with a hint of something else that I could never put my finger on.

"Follow me." The person whispered into my ear, causing goosebumps on the back of my neck.

Looking at the person, I turned to Devon and told him to follow me.

He nodded his head and followed right behind me.

I ended up following the two people ahead of me to a table near the back.

After we sat down I couldn't help but to smile.

Turning my head to look at Devon, I noticed he was still standing. I patted the seat next to me and smiled up at him.

He seemed to relax a bit and slowly sat down next to me. I didn't want him to feel left out so I made sure to introduce my friends to him.

"Devon, this is Amber and Alex, the person you thought was my boyfriend."

Devon smiled at them and extended his hand for them to shake. Thankfully both Amber and Alex took it.

"So anywhose, I haven't seen you guys around, why is that?"

"I've been busy trying to remember things and Amber is trying to help me out. Don't worry, tomorrow you'll see me in one of your classes." Alex said as she started to eat.

"Oh, and which one is it?" I asked.

Looking up, Alex smirk.

"Don't worry about it."

Frowning I decided to leave it alone.

"So Devon, what grade are you in?" Amber said with a wick smirk.

"I'm in um 12 grade." He said scratching his neck.

"So are you legal age yet?" Amber asked.

"Legal what?" I said, interrupting Devon.

"Legal age is when your 18, although age 21 is when you can finally do everything, like drink." Alex answered.

"Drink?"

"Nevermind.." Alex mumbled.

"Well no I'm not, and I won't be for a while." Devon said.

"How old are you?" Amber asked slowly.

"I'm 16 turning 17." Devon mumbled.

"And you're in 12th grade?" Amber asked.

"I skipped a grade.... I took summer school so I got some credits and they placed me in 12th." Devon said.