Energy

Skylar's Pov:

"Just keep looking up for me. Yea okay, there we go, Alex do you see how black her veins are right there?"

"Yea, how long do you think until it goes away?"

"Hard to say, but we will know in a few days after we do some blood test."

Clicking her flashlight off, the nurse took a couple of steps back, allowing my eyes to readjusted. Alex being Alex wanted answers as to my sudden involuntary change of attitude towards her. Me being me I decided to go along with all the tests that Alex wanted the doctors to perform.

Knowing what I know now from Nicholas, I was more than willing to go along with it because the last thing I wanted was any connection with anyone that wasn't solely Alex.

"I'll be right back, I'm going to call this in and see if someone can be sent to receive your medicine for you," The nurse said, stealing a glance my way.

Nodding my head, I crossed my ankles and intertwined my fingers together as I looked over at Alex.

Leaning against one of the walls in our shared bedroom, Alex seemed to be tense as she eyed the nurse. I knew she wanted answers and having to wait was new for her. It was always surprising when Alex couldn't figure things for herself since she was supposed to be all-powerful and knowing. I guess her knowledge only extends to that in which was made in pure and goodness. The only sinful act she truly knew was wrath and that alone wasn't enough to fully understand what was going on with me. Demons didn't derive from her so she was limited to what she knew of them.

Once the nurse left our shared room, I called out to Alex, extending a hand towards her.

"Alex, love come here."

Without giving it much thought, Alex pushed herself off the wall and walked over to me as if it was an involuntary action. Once she reached me, she grabbed my hand and allowed herself to kneel down to face me. She placed her free hand onto my cheek and softly stroked it; looking deep into my eyes.

"Your blue eyes seem as if they are dulling a bit," Alex mumbled.

Grabbing her hand that was on my cheek, I gave it a quick squeeze before responding.

"I'll be fine Alex, you worry too much some times."

Sighing, she shook her head before responding.

"The last thing I need is to have you sick while having to deal with the demons and hunter. Knowing me, I'll put everything else in the backseat while trying to take care of you."

"Alex I'll be fine, we just have to keep my anger in check," I responded.

"That's the thing Sky, you're the angel of happiness, if the infection doesn't go away, there can be repercussions for the humans," Alex respond as she's slowly got up.

"How so?" I asked.

"If the angel of happiness can't even be happy, how are the humans going to be happy? That virtue is because of you."

Frowning, I bite my bottom lip before thinking back to Nicholas's statements. A part of me wanted to tell Alex but I was afraid she would forbid it and or hurt Nicholas.

Noticing my sudden silent frowned, Alex voiced her thoughts.

"Are you okay?"

Shaking my head lightly, I responded.

"I'm fine, but what are we going to do today? What are the plans?" I asked.

It was Alex's turn to shake her head.