Beat

Edited by: shapeshiftinggoddess
_______________________________________

Alex's POV:

If I could choose Skylar's friends, one of them would not be Nicholas. To say the kid was annoying would be an understatement. It became a daily routine where Skylar would bring them over to relax after practice and while Mia was pretty calm, Nicholas was the opposite. Skylar told me a while ago that the reason he acted so jittery around me was because he really looked up at me and if I had fans he would be my number one. Despite what I thought about him, I decided to be nice since Skylar seemed to enjoy his presence and I just wanted to please Skylar.

I was currently sitting next to Skylar as we listen to another one of Nicholas' stories in the living room of the third floor. I honestly wanted to put tape around his mouth.

"How many powers do you have?" Skylar asked after Nicholas seemed to finish his demonstration on how he took down a demon.

"To many to count." Nicholas said as he smirked. I couldn't help but to roll my eyes at him.

"I don't mean to be prideful but I honestly think I'll be the best guardian angel anyone has ever had." Nicholas said as he flashed a smiled towards my direction. Talk about kiss up.

"My queen," Mia started as she looked my way. Raising my hand, I stopped her.

"Call me Alex, the whole "my queen" seems weird after a while." I commented as I lowered my hand.

Slowly nodding her head, she once again opened her mouth to speak.

"Alex how many powers can an angel learn?"

Shrugging my shoulders, I responded.

"Depends on the person, I can learn endless powers if my mind is capable of thinking it. Skylar is capable of doing the same but... she is slow at it. You guys, it depends on how far your mind will let you." I responded.

"So I can be as powerful as you?" Nicholas asked with another smile. That caused me to chuckle.

"That alone shows you can't be since you just limited yourself, but, to be honest, no one can be more powerful then me if they aren't royalty."

"You know, I've never really seen you in action." Skylar said as she turned to look at me; her hand inches from mine. Smiling to myself, I reached out and grabbed it only to end up playing with her fingers.

"You don't want to see me in action, fighting isn't my style, I like to get into one's mind." I responded.

"If you have all that power and you don't use it, it's just a waste." I heard Nicholas mumble. Trying to compose myself, I turned my attention to Nicholas.

"You sure seem to love power." I commented.

"Well I mean, why wouldn't you?" He asked.

"Ask you ancestor Lucifer what happens when all you crave is power."

That caused him to get quiet and for a second I noticed how his eyes changed from brown to light red before going back to their normal color.

"Low blow there." He responded before chuckling.

"Just like Achilles's heel, low blows usually do the trick." I responded before looking at Skylar. She seemed to be disappointed in how I was talking to her friend.

Sighing, I turned back to look at Nicholas.

"Let's do something, if you can touch me at least once on my neck, shoulder, or chest, I'll show you any power you wish or rank you higher. If you can't then I'll take one of your powers away for a week." I said. That immediately got the attention of Nicholas.