Cherry Bomb

Skylar's Pov:

I've felt regret before and it's a feeling that sets in the pit of your stomach constantly eating away at you. However, not once did I feel regret as I walked down the hall that led back to the dining room.

I didn't know how Alex would react to it yet, I did in fact know how her body would. Unlike humans, when we see something we didn't want to see happen before our eyes there's a second of sorrow where our body pumps blood and since it doesn't have anywhere to go, it leaves through our noses or we cough it up.

As I slowly made my way to the dining room, I tried to control my nerves. I didn't want Alex to see the affect she has on me.

If it wasn't for the fact I was taking my time to get to where I wanted to go, I would have already been in front of Alex, however, I took my time.

Yet there wasn't enough time in the world to prolong the inevitable so with caution, I slowly walk inside the kitchen than into the dining room.

Immediately, I watched as Alex looked up, searching around the room until her eyes landed on me. She frown and I watched as she started to sniff the air. She didn't seem to understand why I smell differently. Alex continued to sniff the air and it wasn't long before she grabbed a napkin to clean her nose thinking it was her.

By now, Lucas noticed that Alex wasn't paying attention to their conversation and looked up at her. Taylor was no where in sight leaving me to wonder if he went back to his room to give Alex and Lucas some space to discuss whatever they needed to talk about.

Walking over to the table, I decided to go back to eating my food since I didn't have time to finish it.

"Alex you got a little um.." Lucas said as he pointed to his upper lip.

Frowning, Alex once again clean her face with the napkin. This time, she looked at it.

"What the.." Alex said before looking up and staring at me.

Once again she sniffed the air.

"What's wrong?" I heard Lucas whisper to Alex.

I decided to play innocent and I continued to eat my breakfast.

"Enjoying your food?" Alex said in a sternly voice.

Looking up, I raised one of my eyebrow and shrugged my shoulders.

"The eggs are cooked extremely well." I said as I went back to eating my food.

"And how about my sloppy seconds?" Alex said.

Glancing over to her, I noticed that her jaw was clench and she was trying to un-ball her fist.

"I don't know, how's the nose bleeding?"

Smirking, I watched Alex stand up from the table and throw her napkin on it.

"If you'll excuse me, I have errands to attend to." Alex said.

Without a second glance to either Lucas or I, Alex simply turned on her heels and left.

It wasn't until I heard someone sighing that I realized I was staring at Alex as she left the room.

"You're killing her, you know that?"

Turning my head, I watched as Lucas stood up to go follow Alex, however, before he left the room he turned to look at me.

"If this is your way of getting her back, trust me, you'll need to reconstructs a new plan."

Swallowing the lump that started to form in my throat, I watched as Lucas exited the dining room.