Daughter

Alex's Pov:

I couldn't help that gut wrenching feelings I had and I couldn't help the feeling of guilt.

I kept thinking over and over that if something happened to Skylar it was because of me.

I mean, how stupid can I get.

Sitting still wasn't something that played out in my mind well, so instead I did just the opposite. I kept pacing behind and forth since I didn't know whether or not to go out to find Sky or to stay just put incase she came home.

I tried to calm down and tried to search for Skylar with my mind since I was developing that power.

After my father passed down the legacy it came with so many changes that I wasn't prepared for.

He told me it gets lonely in my position but having my soul mate by my side would make things easier.

To bad I didn't have mine.

As I closed my eyes to concentrate better I knew I was going to have problems searching for her.

My brain worked like a map and could show me the earth grounds but..... I had yet to master that with hunters.

After a while of trying to find her I knew instantly she was with a hunter.

Perhaps Devon.... or Natalie.

As I opened my eyes, I could feel my frustration growing by the second.

At that point I decided to go out to find her, however as soon as I turned the door knob of the front door my ears picked up the sound of a familiar voice.

I instantly opened the door and ran out to see if I was corrected.

As I stared down the street, a black pick up truck was in my view. Forcing my eyes, I looked inside and knew I was right.

"Crap..." I mumbled under my breath.

My hand instantly turned into fist as the car pulled in front of the house.

I was relieve to see that Skylar was in the car but the sight of someone else made my blood boil for no reason.

I watched as they step out of the car as Skylar smiled at me and approached me.

"Hey Alex." Skylar said.

"Hey Sky."

I smiled back and give her a tight hug that caught her off guard, however, she hugged me back.

After I released her I couldn't help but to take a step forward before I realized what i did. Instantly I took a step back.

"Alex this is Natalie,  Devon's mother. She wanted to meet you." Skylar said as she stood between us.

Extending her hand, she smirked at me and opened her mouth.

"It's nice to meet you Alex." Natalie said.

"Nice to meet you as well." I said as I lazily shook her hand.

Turning my head, I noticed Devon awkwardly standing there so I made my hand into a fist so he could fist pump it.

"Hey." I said.

Smiling, he fist pump my fist and said hey back.

"Hey sky, how about you show Devon the house and ask him about the things inside it."

"OK!" Sky exclaimed as she grabbed Devon's hand and dragged him inside the house causing him to laugh.

I held my hand up in front of Natalie as soon as I saw her mouth opened. I listened to Devon and Sky footstep before deciding it was safe to have a conversation.