Connection

Skylar's Pov:

If there was one thing that I would never get used to was leaving Heaven to go to Earth. There was something about the gravity down on Earth that always tripped me up since it constantly pulls as soon as you leave the ground. At least in Heaven, it was semi-decent, and you could float for a bit longer.

Like always I had trouble landing, but with the help of Alex, I was able to land on a soft opening. She told me that when we got back to Heaven, she was going to make sure that Benjamin taught me how to fly correctly because it was beyond her how I haven't learned how to do it yet.

In my defense though, no one bothered in teaching me when I was younger.

"Now remember Skylar, I need to talk to Natalie first about the problems that are arising from the hunters. Afterward, you can ask her what it is that you want okay?" Alex said.

Turning my head away from the car window, I looked at Alex and nodded my head.

She took a quick peek at me before giving me a slight smile and returned her glance on the road. The house that we always stopped at once we landed on Earth was only a few miles away from town so, I wasn't shocked when after 20 minutes of driving we started seeing buildings and different kinds of shops.

I was already somewhat nervous thinking about Natalie and how I would try to approach the situation but, I knew that Alex would help me if I needed a little push.

"You know what questions you are going to ask her?" Alex asked softly.

"I kind of what to ease into it so I know I'm going to ask her how we met and then get into the difficult questions," I responded as I started to fidget with my fingers.

"What kind of difficult questions?" Alex asked.

Quickly taking a look around, I noticed that we were starting to head in the direction of Natalie neighborhood and it would only be a few more minutes before we pulled in front of her house.

"Well, I already know that you showed me once my whole life through memories, but it went by so fast that I couldn't pay attention to anything. I felt everything though, but I know there's so much I don't remember. If anything I was going to ask her the questions that Nicholas asked you and see if she knows anything about it. Hopefully, that will trigger some memories because, in all honesty, I don't remember anything near the end of my life."

"Well take it slow, you don't have to ask her all today, we can come back another time during this week since I have to do other things here. I have to make sure certain things get taken care of."

Bitting my bottom lip, I didn't respond to Alex as I merely looked outside. I haven't been to Natalie's house in a while, but there were certain parts of the environment that I remember. As soon as Alex go to Natalie's neighborhood, I started looking at each house trying to remember how far we were. I was so preoccupied with my thoughts that I didn't feel Alex grab my hand until she gave it a slight squeeze.

"Remember Sky if it gets too much at any point just tell me, I don't want you too exhausted yourself trying to see into your past because it's possible for you to get stuck there," Alex commented.

Taking one more glance at the different houses that we were passing, I looked at Alex.

"What do you mean stuck?"

"You've gotten stuck before you just haven't realized it. You get so caught up in the memories and how true it feels that you can't tell what is real and what is fake. I can bring you back; however, that can cause you to black out for a while, and I don't want that to happen," Alex responded.