Prey

Skylar's Pov:

It felt as if time had stopped, since I couldn't move and the only thing I could do was look straight forward into the darkness of the room.

The first thing to hit me with the smell of the room. It reek of death, lingered around my nostrils and as if the smell wasn't bad enough my eyes started to tear up. I instantly went to cup my nose and mouth so I wouldn't have to endure the smell of it. I was glad that I didn't have to breathe since Angels didn't need air in the lungs to live.

Finally deciding to take a step forward, I did but I make sure to keep the door open so the smell didn't stay.

The deeper I got into the room I would start to get a overwhelming sensation of guilt and sadness. It was as if the smell and the darkness of the room was playing with my emotions. The deeper I got I also started to hear voices. It started off by whispers but soon started to grow louder and louder. The only word that pops into my mind was demons.

It has been said that everybody has their shares of demons and just like humans angel do too.

It was as if the demons in Alex's head were out and about roaming the room and trying to find its next victim to torment. Letting go of my nose and mouth I went to plug my ears so they couldn't enter into my mind. As soon as I did the guilt and sadness I was starting to feel left.

The room was completely dark yet I wasn't willing to risk using my powers to see in the darkness since I was already feeling query just hy being inside the room. 

I had never entered the room of the Royal so I didn't know exactly where the bed was.

Taking a wild guess I simply continue to go forward guessing that the bed will be parallel to the balcony.

It was actually kind of creepy being the room knowing that someone was silently laying down as if expecting me and knowing exactly where I was.

I envisioned someone looking like a skeleton with dark eyes staring at me and in doing so, I ended up getting a shiver down my back.

Instead of thinking positive thoughts I ended up thinking of one more creepy thought.

What if Alex was lurking around the room watching my every movement and for the moment being I was her prey and she, my predator.

Getting nerves, I simply just called out to Alex hoping shes was still sane in her brain.

Worse mistaken I could make.

As if in a flash, the color purple shine bright throughout the darkness of the room and before I knew it, it disappeared only to reappear somewhere is.

Getting another chill, I instantly thought of running out of the room and as soon as I  turned around, dark purple eyes met mine.

A scream left my mouth, and I was instantly shoved into a wall, hands tight around my wrist.

I started to lose feeling in my wrist and giving one last yell, I started to pray that someone would hear them but to no avail.

However, it wasn't long before, the hands left and I fell to the ground.

Still not being able to see due to the darkness, I decided to use my power to illuminate light.

Concentrating hard I got all the energy I could manage and let it transfer into my hand.

It was quickly being drained so I immediately threw the ball of light into the room.

As soon as I threw the ball of light into the room it went straight to wall and I was able to look around quickly. My eyes caught onto a switch and I immediately ran to turn it on.

I used the last bit of energy I had so I could use my super speed to get to the switch. When I got to it, I immediately turned it on.

What was once a room full of darkness was now fill of a bit of light, however,  even with the lights on, the room stayed its dark color.

I was able to see more clearly tho and as I took this chance to look around, my eyes spotted the other person in the room.

To say I was shocked would be an understatement.

What was once a beautiful and royal queen who stood tall with pride, look to be a demon in its true form now.

Instead of being in her human forms, she was in her angel form, however, it look to be as if her body took a turn for the worse.

Her skin looked to be icy pale and her lips instead of being its normal red color was a blue. They were bags under her eyes and around her pupil they were a darker color.

Her teeth were out and they were sharp just like her nails.

Swallowing the lump that was starting to form in my throat I didn't know whether to take a step forward or stay where I was at.

Alex was looking at me watching my every movement as if she didn't know who I was.

For the longest minute we just stood there staring at each other and before I knew it, a smirk appeared on her face.

Her eyes quickly turn completely black, and before I knew it, Alex shot a ray out of her hand into the light bulb.

I heard the glass shattering and hitting the floor. I could no longer see what was in the room and at the moment again I knew, I was Alex's prey.

I wasn't given the time to panic or think because before I knew it, I felt my lungs being kicked and I fell to the ground in pain.

Yelling in agony I thought that I was in deep trouble until I remember something.

I'm her mate and she is mine.

She was feeding off my energy, so I decided to give it a chance and feed of off her.

As I try to get up another wave of energy hit me causing me to fall and hit my arm.

Clenching my teeth and balling my hands into a fist, I quickly got up.

Anticipating where the next hit would come from. I firmly placed my feet down and waited for the impact.

Not even a second passed before the next attack came but this time I was prepared.

Watching my surroundings I watched as her body came towards me and when she make contact with my stomach, I grabbed onto her hand, held on it, and started to drain her.

She automatically realized what I was doing and instead of pulling away she grabs onto my hands and smirked.

I raise one of my eyebrows at her due to the fact I did not know why she did this.

However my knees start to buckle underneath me, and I realized that her energy was to powerful for my body.

In a raspy and deep voice she finally spoked up.

"Oh honey don't worry this will only hurt for a minute."

My groans soon turn into screams as I called her name and beg for mercy.

However to no avail, instead she continued to look at me with her dark eyes.

As my screams got louder I could hear in the far distance footsteps, however, I was too focus on the pain I was feeling to pay them attention.

As I started to feel light headed, I looked at Alex's face and spoked up one last time.

"I'm so sorry Alex."