Chapter 35 - The Perfect Thanksgiving Dinner (2)

-Jasmine-

"Ah that was amazing. Who's ready for dessert?" My mother beams.

She was met with a chorus of 'yes's' and then heads to the kitchen with my dad to get the dish of mini cheesecakes, pumpkin pie and Christian's homemade whip cream. When she returns with my dad, they placed the desserts on the table.

"Dig in everyone! We have mini cheesecakes and pumpkin pie with a homemade whip cream."

We all sat in silence enjoying the desserts . I tried the pumpkin pie first since I was curious of Christian's baking skills. I cut a moderate piece with my spoon and stuff it in my mouth. A small gasp of delight escapes my lips as my head snap towards Christian.

Christian who was in the middle of taking a bite of cheesecake, raises his brow at me. "What?"

"This is so good!" I praise him, taking another bite of the pie.

Christian chuckles, he lifts his hand up but freezes mid air. His eyes shifts their focus to my mouth. He then taps at the corner of his mouth, indicating to me that I had something on my face.

My face warms up as I rushed to get a napkin to clean myself.

"You made this Christian?" Liliana gasped, her light brown eyes shined with joy. "I don't usually like pumpkin pie but this is so good!"

Everyone else in the table nodded their head in agreement, minus Destiny who just scowled at me from across the table.

"Thanks. Personally, I like the cheesecake more." He comments looking over at me. "You're a really good baker."

My cheeks flush at his comment, instantly looking away in embarrassment. I guess just like Christian, I also don't do well with praises.

Zac's gaze locked with mine once I turned away. His brown eyes had this worried expression as he looked at me.

Destiny clears her throat, "Personally, I think the cheesecake is way too milky. It's getting stuck in my throat." She complains, standing up to her feet. "Let me get everyone water."

I scowl after her retreating body as she scurried off into the kitchen. I felt a nudge on my left hand. I turn my head to face Zac, who slides his plate of dessert over to me.

"Here. You seem to really like the pie a lot."

"Oh, you don't have to." I decline, pushing it back towards him. "I already have my piece."

Zac leans towards me, his lips brushes against my ear. "I actually don't like pumpkin pie. So you'll be doing me a huge favor."

Zac pulls away to look up at me with pleading eyes. I sigh, giving into his puppy eyes.

"Oh alright." I say in defeat sliding the plate back to me.

I eyed the half eaten mini cheesecake feeling slightly disappointed. "Are you not going to eat the cheesecake?"

Zac shakes his head, cutting a small piece with his fork. "This is for me." He says, taking a bite.

Once he swallowed his piece, he looks at me with a small smile. "Compliments to the chief."

I let out an airy laugh, bumping his shoulder with mine. "You're silly."

I turn my gaze towards everyone at the table. Lilliana and Jordan were engulfed in a conversation. Derek was long gone. He probably wander his way into the kitchen because of Destiny. And it's been quite awhile since she sauntered off, so who knows what the hell they're doing in there. Justin was talking Christian's ear off as he went on a long tangent, all while Christian nods and smiles along.