Chapter 15 - Beautiful Night

-Jasmine-

I tried to clear my head from my conversation with Jocelyn but I can't.

How did she get kidnapped? Especially at such a young age, who would do that to a person?

My thoughts were interrupted when I nearly tripped over a crack thanks to my clumsiness.

Guess being wrapped up in my thoughts is a bad idea while I walk.

I push those thoughts away for now trying to focus on getting home safely first.

I stop in my tracks when I see a familiar dark figure walking along the path. Tall, lean, broad shoulders, wearing all black and with his hood covering his raven black hair.

Christian?

Maybe it's him, but i'm not entirely sure if it is.

Should I just walk away and pretend I didn't see him?

I shake my head knowing that I can't do that. I still have a lot of questions to ask him.

Whether it's him or not, I decide to take a chance and call out his name anyways.

"Christian?"

He stops and turns around revealing his familiar face and his unforgettable ocean blue eyes.

As always his face gave away no emotion, but as soon as he noticed that I was the one who called him, his lips form into his signature smirk.

"Surprise to see you here, Jasmine. You're pretty much everywhere I go now, huh?" He questions, his blue eyes brighten up in amusement matching his tone. "Are you stalking me?"

"No." I quickly respond mentally rolling my eyes. "I was walking home and notice you here."

Of course he would say something like that. Only he would try to infuriate me like that.

He chuckles stuffing his hands into his jean pockets. "Then it must be fate that's bringing us together. That's been happening a lot lately, don't you think so?"

My face heats up, not only from what he had said but by the word fate. We do run into each other a lot ever since that day...a fateful encounter?

Christian tilts his head to the side, biting on his lower lip, and watches me curiously as I space out. My face turns a deeper shade of red from his gaze.

Hastily I look away, now is not the time to blush Jasmine. He's teasing you that's all he ever does.

I take a deep breath hoping this would help cool my face down. "I would like to think it's you who's stalking me, not fate."

"So you like the idea of me stalking you? Didn't know you were into that kind of stuff."

"T-that's not what I meant." I stutter my face now heating up once again.

"That's what you said." He chuckled.

There was a buzz and Christian glances down at his phone, reading the text he received. His jaw tightens slightly as he glances back up at me.

By now all the amusement was gone and his eyes harden, the emotionless facade was back on.

"Try not to flatter yourself, not even in your dreams would I stalk you."

Seriously? Not this again.

Suddenly, I feel like I'm back in that alleyway with that heartless jerk again.