Chapter 24 - Awkward.

-Jasmine-

"Siblings?!" Liam and I both blurt out in unison.

Skylar stumbles backwards in complete shock, embarrassment and overall she looked completely disgusted.

"W-what?" She stutters, her eyes wide in disbelief. Her face drained of color.

"We're siblings." Christian repeats himself. "You're my sister."

She shakes her head, looking down at the ground. Tears begins to well up in her eyes. "No. There's no way. I don't have siblings. I've always been an only child."

"You're not an only child. We have the same parents." He explains, his brows furrowed. "Did he not tell you anything?"

He? I'm going to assume that Christian is referring to their dad. I sneak a glance over at Liam who seems just as stun at this altercation like I am. My eyes shift back over to Skylar who appears heartbroken and hurt.

"No he didn't." She mumbles avoiding eye contact with him. "He wouldn't keep things from me. He would have told me. We grew up together. He knew you. He never said anything to me. There's no way-"

"You can keep denying it all you want. It doesn't matter if he told you or not. That won't change the fact that I'm still your brother." He continues.

Skylar slowly nods in a zombie like state, taking a few steps back before sprinting off. Christian groans running his hand through his dark hair. We make eye contact as I take small steps towards him. I'm not sure what to do in this situation but the first thing I wanted to do was make sure he was okay.

I place a hand on his shoulder but he immediately shrugs me off. "I'm not in the mood to answer any of your questions right now." He accuses glancing down at me.

"I just wanted to ask if you're okay?"

He lets out a humorless laugh, his jaw tight as his frustration is clear on his face. "Not really. And I don't want to talk about it." Christian dismisses turning away from me.

He attempts to leave but I manage to reach out and tug on his jacket. Christian could easily break free from my grip, I definitely didn't have a tight hold on him. But a small tug from me and he remains in place.

"Stay! Please." I plead, he glances over his shoulder at me. His expression unreadable, was he still planning on leaving? I'm not sure, but I need him to stay so I have time to figure out what to say. "I'll be right back. Just don't go anywhere, please."

Christian doesn't respond but he doesn't make a move to leave when I finally let go of him.

I rush over to Liam who is still standing in his spot his brows scrunched together as he watched Christian and I. "Make sure he doesn't leave." I quickly say before making an attempt to run after Skylar.

However before I can run far, Liam takes a hold of my forearm gently tugging me back. "Jas, what is this?" He asks looking confused and frustrated all at the same time. "What's going on between you two?"

"I'll explain later. Just keep him here. I'll be right back. Can you please do that for me?" I plead.

Liam sighs and nods giving into my plea. He lets go of me and I continue my way towards Skylar. I sprint down the trail hoping that Skylar didn't run all that far. And sure enough in the distance I see a figure with long blonde hair, sulking.

I push myself forward to catch up. And I immediately halt as another figure takes a hold of Skylar, stopping her in her tracks. Instantly I ran off the trail to hide behind a tree, my heart pounding hard against my chest. There's no way he saw me, did he? I peak out behind the tree to see Zac staring at Skylar with concern.