Chapter 4 - Sleepover!

-Jasmine-

*Ring*

The final bell rings indicating that the school day has ended. I return my camera to Mrs. Evans and head back to my station to pack up my things. Valeska returns to her seat besides me.

"Hey, I have to get a couple of things from my locker so go on ahead without me and I'll meet you outside." Valeska informs me slinging her bag over her shoulder.

I nod, slipping on my bag. "Sure, I'll see you soon." I say waving bye before exiting the photography room.

I head down the hall into the chaos of students crowding the area. I squeeze past the people in hopes to avoid bumping into anyone this time around.

"Hey Jasmine!" I hear a deep voice shouts before I feel a hand gently touch my shoulder.

I turn my head to my right to see Liam grinning me.

"Oh hi. Sorry I didn't see you there, I was trying to avoid bumping into people."

"It's cool. So how was your first day here at our beloved school?"

"It was very.... interesting." I finally say after trying to come up with a proper word to describe my day. "It definitely wasn't something I was expecting."

Liam arches his brow with a questioning look, "Do you mean that in a good way or a bad way?"

"For the most part it was good. I got to meet you, Valeska, Zac and your friends." I smile at him before it disappears. "But, the bad part was getting on Destiny's bad side and for embarrassing myself and that guy in lunch."

"Hey, don't be embarrassed. That could've been anyone. Trust me, that certain thing happens from time to time so don't sweat it." Liam says attempting to comfort me.

"Thanks Liam."

Liam places his hand on my head, ruffling my hair. "No problem. I can't have my new friend feeling that way."

Friend? Huh that's new. I never really had a real friend before. In my old schools, I was pretty much ignored by everyone. But in this school, everything is different. I got to meet a group of really nice people and now I actually have a friend. I can't help but grin at what he said.

"Thanks." I say before thinking back at what happened in lunch. "Liam?" He gives me a small nod indicating for me to continue. "That guy, Christian. Why did Zac want me to stay away from him?"

Liam blinks at me looking a bit taken back by my question. "Christian isn't exactly a person you should be associating yourself with. He's a very bad guy, he's done a lot of bad things."

"Like?"

Liam hesitates before letting out a sigh, "Look Jasmine, I really shouldn't be telling you this. It's something you don't want to know, trust me."

"I guess I'll take your word for it but I'm just really curious. I mean what could he have done that was so bad, you know?"

Liam rubs the back of his neck, which caused his biceps to tighten and become more visible.

"I guess I know where you're coming from, but this is something that nobody in the school likes to talk about. What he did really damaged the school's reputation, let's leave it at that."

"If it ruined the school's reputation, how come he never got expelled?"

He shrugs, "From what everyone has been saying, apparently he knew some big shot guy who manage to pull some strings for him. No one knows exactly what happened and I think it's for the better."