Chapter 19 - Dreams

Chapter 19 - Dreams

-Christian-

See you around, pretty boy. I scoff in disbelief, seriously who the fuck does she think she is acting all cocky. I'll die before I let her get between me and my freedom.

On top of that, I need to make sure she doesn't get too close to the boss. If she does, she might found out that he's really my step-father. The last thing I need is for anyone to find out his identity. For years, I've been keeping that information under wraps. No one knows that he's my step-father and I like to keep it that way.

I sigh, leaning against the hood of the car, looking up at the sky. From the corner of my eye, I notice Gabriel peering over at me with a curious expression.

"What's up with you today?" He asks. "You seem irritated."

"There's a new recruit." I answer.

Gabriel sits up right, turning to me with a shock expression, "Seriously? He hasn't hired anyone since we were kids." He mentions in disbelief. Gabriel runs a hand through his brown locks, "I've always thought it would just be us. Hiring someone new would ruin our dynamic, don't ya think?" he asks to no one in particular. "Who is this guy anyways?"

"Her name is Daniella." I reply feeling the annoyance bubbling up again just by saying her name. My conversation with her once again replayed in my head causing my blood to boil.

He starts to cough as if he chocked on water. His eyes are wide as he observed me, trying to see if I was lying. "Daniella? He's never hired a girl before. Is she trained?"

I shake my head, "No she's not. Boss hired her because she's 'good with a knife.'" I inform him, using my fingers as quotations.

He scoffs at my words, "What a load of crap. Do you know anything else about her?"

"None." I answer, kicking a pebble out the way with my boot. "At least not yet."

Gabriel nods taking in my words, "Is she at least hot?"

I peer over at him, seeing Gabriel with a mischievous grin as he said those words. I roll my eyes at him. This girl is complete trouble and he's more concern about her looks than her potentially ruining all of us. For all I know, she could be spying on me. On all of us. She seems rather buddy-buddy with the boss.

In a quick motion, I roughly smack the back of Gabriel's head. Gabriel winces in pain, rubbing the back of his head with a scowl on his face.

"Is that all you think about?" I question, shooting him a glare. "That thought never even cross my mind."

Gabriel chuckles, "My bad. I forgot the only girl you have eyes for is the new girl." He teases, his eyes bright with amusement. "What's her name again? Jasmine?"

Once again, I smack the back of his head. Gabriel glares at me holding the back of his head. "What are you eight?" I criticize. "I don't have eyes for anyone. Stop with your bullshit."

"Fine. If it means you'll stop abusing me than I won't tease you about it." He snaps, rubbing his head. "Do you know what task he assigned her?"

"Mine." I reveal. Before Gabriel could speak, I answer his unspoken question. "The boss thinks I've been slacking off. He believes if she's assigned the same task as me, it'll motivate me to complete it faster."

"Ah I see. He's not wrong though. You have been unfocus lately. Probably started that day Jasmine drop her lunch on you." He laughs, playfully nudging my shoulder.

"Don't remind me of that day." I snap, shoving him off me. "Besides I have not been losing focus because of her. I haven't even thought about her at all."