Chapter 22 - Amusement Park

Author's Note:

For this chapter we're going to fast forward to when the essays are due which is the end of October

---------------------

Chapter 22 - Amusement Park

-Jasmine-

"Alright class. I will be handing back your essays. Those of you who score an 80 and above are free to leave early. And those who score below, I marked up some corrections and suggestions for a rewrite. You'll have another chance to get a better score." Mrs. Blake announces.

She walks down the aisle handing back printed copies of our essays face down so others wouldn't see our grades. The closer she gets to my row, the more I can feel my heart pounding.

This essay was the hardest for me to write. I never been the type to talk about my personal life let alone write it down. But after some suggestions from my friends, I decided to talk about my family moving around a lot. It was a big change in my life and it seem like the easiest to write about.

As Mrs. Blake hands me my essay, I take a moment to ease my nerves before taking a look. I flip it over to see the top right corner is marked a 90. I sigh in relief, at least I got an A.

Zac nudges my arm and motions over to my paper, "What did you get?"

I proudly showed him my paper with a grin on my face. "A 90! Can you believe that?"

Zac chuckles, "I can. You're extremely smart, Jas." He states, reaching over to pat my head.

I smile slightly at his touch, "Thanks. But without your help, I probably wouldn't have scored so high."

"I think you would have, you're an amazing writer. I never knew you moved around that much."

I wave my hand dismissing the subject, "Yeah, it's not that big of deal. What did you get?"

Zac swipes his paper off his desk and hands it over to me to view his grade. I take his paper in my hands, straightening it out. My jaw drops open at his score.

Zac earned a 100.

From what I heard from Valeska about Mrs. Blake's AP class is that it's rare if anyone ever score a 100 on her essays. It shouldn't surprise me. After all Zac is a straight A student. But I can't help but be impress.

"Wow. You got a perfect score. I guess everyone is right. You are perfect."

Zac playfully rolls his eyes at me and takes back his essay. "I'm far from perfect."

"Please have you seen yourself? Perfect grades, you're athletic, and to add on you're extremely good looking."

"You think I'm good looking?" Zac questions with a raise brow.

I blink realizing what just came out of my mouth. I can't believe I just said. In such a nonchalant way, nonetheless.

Ugh this is so embarrassing.

My face begins to heat up as I struggle for words.

"I-i erm I mean everyone thinks you're attractive... Anyways what did you write about?"

"I don't really write about anything personal so I made up a story."

He made it up? Well if we could just make up any story on the spot I wouldn't have made mine so personal.

Especially having Zac proofread my personal essay as well. I had written about my many transfers, my lack of friends and adjusting to every single change. And he read all of that.