Chapter 17 - Hate or Love

-Jasmine-

I purse my lips in concentration as I scribble away in my sketch book. I didn't have a particular image in mind that I wanted to capture on paper. In fact, it's nothing more than just rough scribbles.

Further indicating my anger and frustration after what happened this morning with Christian.

Gosh, sometimes he can be so infuriating and so inconsiderate!

Who does he think he is acting sweet one day just to be so cold the next. And to yell at me like that? Ugh, I'm so tired of him!

A hand waved in front of my face snapping me out of my endless thoughts. I look up to see a pair of green eyes staring back at me with a worried expression. "You okay, Jas?" Valeska asks.

I let out a huff and nod my head, faking a smile. "Yeah, I'm just peachy."

She narrows her eyes at me, not believing me for a second. "What's on your mind."

I open my mouth to protest but she immediately grabs my pencil, showing the ruin nib of my pencil.

"Whatever it is, you're definitely taking it out on your poor pencil."

I sheepishly smile, playing with the ends of my hair. "It's really nothing. Just a stressful morning."

"Ah, I heard about Liam dragging you out to the airport without warning."

I glance up at her raising my brow. How does she know about that?

"Liam told Hunter and Hunter told me about it." She answers my untold question. "Do you need me to yell at him?"

I chuckle, "No need. I genuinely enjoyed our little trip. I guess I'm just tired, didn't really get much sleep..."

Before Valeska can press on, she's interrupted by a high pitch squeal. Karla sprints over to our table, jumping into an empty chair right next to me almost falling over. I steady her chair, as she glance behind her to give a victorious grin at Liam.

"Ha! Told you I'll beat you!" She cheers. "You have to buy me lunch."

"Yeah yeah. You're lucky I got stopped by Mr. Marks. Otherwise, I would have won." He scoffs sitting besides her, ruffling her hair.

Valeska smiles at the two and playfully rolling her eyes, "You guys are still doing that silly game?"

"Hey, we gotta make up for lost time." Liam defends wrapping his arm around Karla's shoulder.

Karla smiles up at Liam with a tint of pink painting her cheeks.

"One day I'll beat you." He proclaims playfully nudging her cheek with his nose.

Karla giggles shoving his face away, "Yeah right! In your dreams." She glances up at Valeska and I with the widest grin on her face.

"What are you so happy about?" Valeska questions.

"Nothing. I'm just glad that after being gone for a bit everything is still the same." She admits, her grin never leaving her face and I couldn't help but smile with her.

"Well almost the same." A deep voice interrupts.

I look over to see Hunter wrapping his arms around Valeska, planting a soft kiss on her forehead.

Karla's jaw drop at seeing the two. "No way! You guys are finally together?" They nod in response. "It's about time! You have to tell me when this happened!"