Chapter 7 - I Know You Want Me

-Jasmine-

I wave goodbye to Hunter as he drove off. My mind goes back to what he just told me and I can't help the goofy grin on my face. Hunter is crushing on Valeska. And I have a feeling that Valeska might like him back.

I think back to the whole incident in lunch, how hurt Valeska look to see Hunter and I. By that expression alone there's a huge chance that she does like him too.

I snap back to reality when I hear light, fast footsteps behind me. Fearing that it's Destiny attempting to torment me again, I turn around quickly catching sight of Valeska running towards me.

I sigh in relief, thank god I can't deal with Destiny right now. Especially after Zac and her's breakup, I can't imagine what she would do to me. I shutter at the mere thought.

Valeska came to a halt in front of me.

"Hey." I greet her with a smile.

Valeska's green eyes flickers over my shoulder for a second. She looks towards me, her eyes full of sadness and a slight frown on her lips.

"Hey..um can I ask you something?" She asks with serious tone.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Um...do you like Hunter?" She asks nervously, shifting uncomfortably in her spot.

My eyes widen slightly, immediately feeling taken back by her question. What makes her think that I have a crush on Hunter?

"No. Why do you ask?"

"Because.." She trails off, biting down on her bottom lip as she tries to come up with a logical answer.

I furrow my eyebrows at her nervousness. Valeska is always so confident, it's odd to see her so uneasy.

She sighs, avoiding my eyes. "Well look at the time I have to be somewhere."

Valeska attempts to run off, but I grab her arm preventing her from doing so.

"You can't leave me even if you wanted to. Remember, you promised me that you would drive me home today."

I remind her to which Valeska cuss to herself. I smile at her, trying to catch her gaze.

"Now, why did you ask me if I have a crush on Hunter?"

Valeska finally meets my eyes, her expression is full of anxiety and vulnerability. Even before she told me why, I knew the answer already based on her expression.

"I asked you that because...I... like Hunter." She slowly admits, her face becoming flush.

I knew it. I felt a big grin forming on my face. A part of me wanted to shout out that Hunter has feelings for her as well. But it wasn't my place to tell her, Hunter had to do so. So instead, I fought the urge to squeal and reveal Hunter's crush.

"Really?" I ask happily to which she nods. "Maybe you should tell him that."

Valeska's face looks mortified by the mere thought of my suggestion.

"W-what? No... No, no, no. Why would I ever do that?"

"Why not? If you like him, then tell him. You never know. Maybe he likes you back."

She scoffs, "Easy said then done. What if he doesn't return my feelings? Then I just ruined our friendship."

"But what if he does like you?"

Valeska blushes, "I don't know, Jas. I don't think I can risk that."

I chewed on my bottom lip. If Valeska won't make the first move then I'll have Hunter do it.