Chapter 9 - Sticky Notes

-Jasmine-

I step out of Jordan's car giving him a quick wave goodbye. Today seems like it'll be a good day. Not only did I get to ride shotgun and didn't have to be in the same car as Derek. Today is the day that Hunter and Valeska will be an official couple by lunch time. I begin to make my way up the stairs when my phone vibrated in my pocket. I stop in my tracks and glance at the message.

To: Operation Sticky Notes

Hunter:
Time to set the plan in motion. One of you need to find Valeska

Hunter thought it'll be more effective if we create a group chat. That way we'll be twice as likely to find Valeska and start the scavenger hunt. The only problem is, I have no idea where she is. Hopefully Zac has a better chance in finding her.

"Hey Jas!"

I spin around to see Zac jogging over to me. His blonde hair blowing up against the wind. I felt my breath caught in my throat. How can he look this good everyday. This shouldn't be humanly possible. Zac came to halt in front of me with a smile. I guess I was overreacting about last night, it wouldn't make things awkward between us.

"Hi." I say breathlessly.

I shook my head catching my tone, I can't believe I just said hi like that.

I clear my throat, "Have you seen Hunter's text?"

"Yeah I have. Did you get a chance to see her?"

"Not yet. I just got here, I have no idea where she is."

"Hmm I think I have a clue. Follow me."

He reaches for my hand and begins to guide me towards the entrance. My cheeks begin to heat up at his sudden touch. Just like last time, I notice the stares and whispers. I try to ignore it but the curiosity of what they could be saying about us is starting to bubble up inside of me.

As we were passing by, I notice Destiny with a group of girls staring and whispering about. Her glare felt deadly, the way her green eyes pierce through mine. It's understandable. After all, she did accuse me of trying to steal Zac away. And they did break up not too long ago. If I were her, I would hate to see my ex boyfriend with the girl that I didn't like together. However, I still wish she didn't glare at me like that. I didn't try to steal him away while they were together and we aren't even together now.

I did my best to ignore everyone as we pass by until we reach our destination. And behold, Valeska was at her locker. We both approach her, she glance up and gave us a wave with a confused look.

"Did you two came together?" She ask giving me side glance with a small smirk.

"No." I quickly blurt out, they both turn their head towards me, most likely surprised by my sudden outburst. I sheepishly look away. "We just ran into each other."

She nods, "Right. Anyways what's up?"

"Do you remember Ms. Richardson?" Zac suddenly ask.

My eyes shifted in his direction. What is he on about? Zac caught my gaze and gave me a reassuring smile. As if to say to trust him. I slightly nod turning my gaze back over to Valeska.

"How can I forget. She's my absolute favorite art teacher. Even though she did give Hunter and I detention for making a mess with the paints."

That's when it clicked. The first clue is the art room. Wow he's good. Hunter was right about bringing Zac along for the plan.