Chapter 33 - Enemies or Friends

-Jasmine-

"I'm sorry Jas. I don't think I'll be able to hangout later. Something came up, I'm sorry."

"Oh, it's fine, Zac. I understand." I assured while I struggled to get my things in order.

I attempt to balance my phone between my shoulder and ear. However, it's not going as smoothly as I hoped.

"Liam asked me to hangout today actually. He wanted to check out this new coffee shop. So I guess this works out."

I heard Zac let out a breath. "Yeah I guess it does." He agrees. "I'm really sorry, Jas. I know this is the second time I'm canceling on you. But, I promise I'll make it up to you."

"You don't have to. It's fine really." I laughed. "I'll talk to you later. Good luck with whatever you have to do today."

"Thanks. Have fun with Liam. I'll call you later. Bye."

The phone beeps indicating that Zac had ended the call. I let out a breath of relief.

Zac having something to do today was the most luckiest thing to ever happen to me. I won't lie, I'm a little bit bummed out that he had to cancel again. But I was planning to ask him if we could maybe meet up later, I just wasn't sure how to go about asking. So this just eliminated that obstacle entirely.

The truth is, Liam and I were planning to head to the next town over in search of Skylar. He suggested we do it today since over the weekend he was able to find a girl who seemed to be close friends with Skylar. They would always hangout after school at the coffee shop in their town based on her Instagram stories.

I click on the girl's profile to see a post from last week of her and Skylar. They were smiling into the camera with the girl captioning it 'Coffee date with this beauty'.

I smile at the picture, at least Skylar looks like she's having fun. I was worried about her after the whole incident, but I'm glad to see that she's doing fine since then.

I click off of Instagram going straight to my messages with Liam. Right before I could send him a text, my head perked up at the sound of footsteps approaching me. To my surprise, it was Destiny.

She stopped in front of me, arms cross over her chest. Destiny doesn't speak up, instead she stares at with those piercing green eyes.

I raise my brow at her. "Um hi? Did you need something?"

She lets out a huff, "Are you almost done with our project? Next week is Thanksgiving break and the deadline is coming up. So are you going to have it done by then?"

I stare at her in disbelief. "Ha, seriously? You're not going to help me. So what do you care if it's done?"

Destiny scoffs, "Are you trying to tell me that you're refusing to do it? That doesn't sound like you, Jazzy." She taunts. Her plump lips curl into a smirk. "Don't try to act tough. I know you won't risk your perfect grade just to spite me."

"You're right. I won't. I'm doing my half of the project. But your half, unless you do it, won't be done. I'll present the portion I did and I'll tell Mr. Marks that you didn't help whatsoever." I threaten. I narrow my eyes at her. "You didn't seriously think I would put your name on the assignment without your cooperation, did you?"

"You little bitch." She mutters under her breath. "Well I don't want to work with you."

"That's great. Neither do I. Glad we can reach a mutual understanding." I state sarcastically, checking the time on my phone. "Regardless, I still won't do your part." I assured, folding my arms. "Was that all? I have somewhere to be."