Chapter 13 - New Girl

-Jasmine-

A lot had happened yesterday and I couldn't help but dwell on the events that had occur. Currently, I am laying on the grass behind the school looking up at the sky. It is five in the morning and school doesn't start until eight. I couldn't get much sleep, I guess I have a lot on my mind and I needed a quiet place to clear my thoughts.

"Why are you here so early?" A deep voice ask out of nowhere. Great, just when I thought I was never going to see him ever again.

I turn back to look at him with an annoyed expression on my face. He probably remembered what I said yesterday because he put up his hands up in a surrendering motion.

"I wasn't sneaking up on you this time I swear. I always come here at this time." He explains.

My eyes remain on him for a moment. He probably is coming back from the cemetery, I guess if it's true he stays there for a quite a bit. Usually when I arrive at school he's always walking out or by the cemetery. I guess this time around he finished doing what he needed to do. Which is what? I have no clue, but I wish I could ask. Instead, I turn away from him completely ignoring him. He cautiously takes a seat next to me, tossing his bag to the side. His knee slightly brushes against my thigh when he sits down. I feel his eyes burning through the side of my head.

"Are you ignoring me?" He asks curiously, when I didn't answered he added, "Usually you're a lot more talkative. And you ask a million questions." He keeps his gaze on me trying to see if I would talk to him.

A soft sigh escapes my lips, "Why are you here?" I question giving up on the silent treatment.

The corner of his mouth quirks up. "Oh you speak? I knew no girl could resist me. I am stunningly attractive." He chuckles. I roll my eyes and try to get up, but Christian reaches out and grabs my wrist. "Kidding." He states letting go once he was sure I wasn't going anywhere. "I already said why i'm here. I always come here at this time. The real question is why are you here? Shouldn't you still be asleep?"

I shake my head. "No, I couldn't sleep." I shrug placing my chin between my knees and wrapping my arms around my legs.

Christian stares at me with concern, he tries to say something but stops himself before he could. He takes a deep breath almost like he changed his mind about what he was going to say.

"Why couldn't you sleep?" He asks instead.

Why is he asking so many questions? It's almost like he cares or something. I frown, there's no way. Where was that cold jerk from last night? Why is he trying to talk to me as if he didn't say those harsh things to me? And why is he acting like everything is okay between us?

I let out a sarcastic laugh. "Oh, like you care? If I recall correctly you made it clear that we're not friends. So it's really none of your business." I coldly dismiss. "I should go before you yell at me again for being around you. Even though, like always, I wasn't the one to approach you."

"Jasmine." He gently says placing his hand on my knee, stopping me from getting up.

My whole body stiffen from his touch, I shake that feeling off keeping my gaze straight ahead. I can't show that his touch affects me otherwise he'll never tell me what I need to know. I still needed answers and I'm going to get them this time.

"Christian.. if you really want me to speak to you then I need you to answer a few questions first." I began turning my head over to him. Christian remains silent, nudging his chin towards me indicating for me to continue. "Why weren't you in school the last three days? And what happened last night? Who hurt you?"