25-Heather

5 Years Later

Tinus's POV

Anna and I got married and on our way to the hospital. Anna's going into labour! We went into the Emergency Entrance, where we saw Mac and Emily. I called them as soon as Anna started to have contractions. She was rushed to the Emergency Room, while the rest of us waited. After a few hours a nurse came out. "Which one of you is the father?" she asked, looking at Mac and I. I stood up. "I am." I said nervously. "You may come and meet your baby girl now." She smiled. She turned around and led me to the room Anna's in. I walked in to see a sweaty Anna holding our daughter. I sat down next to them. "What's her name?" the nurse asked. Anna and I looked at each other. "We were thinking He-" She stopped. She looked frozen. I heard that long beep coming from the heart rate monitor. "Take the baby!" A doctor yelled at me as he was running in. I did as I was told and left the room, as the doctor was shooing me out. I went to the waiting room where Mac and Emily were. They both stood up, looking worried. "Anna's heart stopped." I said blankly, out of breath. Their eyes widened. They both came to hug me and my daughter. I started to tear up. "Just sit with us and wait to see what happens." Emily said. I nodded and sat down in between them. A few minutes passed and the doctor came out. "Anna Gunnarsen's husband?" He looked at me. I nodded and stood up. He took me around the corner down the hall, outside of Anna's room. He said quietly, "I'm sorry. Anna did not make it." He put his hand on my shoulder as I looked down at my daughter. "She was so overwhelmed from giving birth and her heart was beating so fast that it just stopped." He added. "I'm very sorry." He said again. I nodded and went back to the waiting room in tears. Mac and Emily looked at me and instantly knew what happened. We all hugged and walked towards the exit. "Martinus?" The doctor called me. I turned around. "Do you mind filling out her birth certificate before you leave?" He asked. I gave my daughter to Emily and walked up to the front desk.

Name: Heather

Middle Name(s): Anna

Last Name: Gunnarsen

When I finished filling it out, the lady behind the desk smiled at me as she handed me Heather's birth certificate. I gave her a sad smiled and said thank you. I left with Mac, Emily and Heather. 

3 Years Later

I walked over to the graveyard where we buried Anna. I like to go there and talk to her whenever something happens with me or Heather. "Hi Anna." I said sadly. "Heather said her first word today. It was your name." I smiled. "Emily was saying how she misses you when Heather said 'Anna'." I looked away for a second. "I really miss you. We all miss you." I started to tear up. I cried into my hands. After a few moments, i look back up at her grave. I saw a white envelope. I didn't notice it when I first came to the graveyard. It said 'To: Martinus' on it. I picked it up and opened it.

Dear Martinus, 

I'm writing this for you in case something happens when I go into labour. At the time that I'm writing this I am 7 months pregnant, and I just woke up from what I'm pretty sure was a precognitive dream. I was in labour, and I gave birth to a baby girl. You were called into the room when I was holding her. The nurse asked us what we were gonna name her, and I was about to say Heather, but then everything went black. I could hear people rushing into the room and the doctor telling you to take Heather from me and leave the room. Then, i couldn't hear anything, and I woke up. I decided not to tell you because I didn't want to worry you. If this happens to me I want you to know that I love you, Heather, Mac, Sam, and Emily with all my heart. Tell them that. I will always be there for you all through thick and thin, as you have all been there for me. When I was depressed, wanting to kill myself, to when I was happy in love with you. I guess 14-year-old me would be happy about her fate in the future. Again, I love all of you and I appreciate everything you've done for me and hopefully I will see you again. Don't sit around missing me every day. Go out together, have fun, and rais Heather well. I know she'll be a great girl when she grows up. She has an amazing father, aunt and uncle. 

Love, Anna

A/N 

this is the end! I love you guys and I loved writing this book! I'll hopefully be writing more! Love ya

Dreams & Realityजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें