Chapter 13

(Brendon's POV)

I woke up to the sun hitting my face and I groan, and reach out for Dallon. Only to be greeted by empty space. I open my eyes and then I remembered he left for work. I didn't start till 12. I remember him slipping out of bed, me protesting and begging him to stay. Him telling me no, kissing my forehead and leaving. I bury my face into my pillow, wanting to fall back to sleep, but knowing that I couldn't. I can't miss my first day. I can't lose this job. I need to show Dallon that I can do it, I can achieve things by myself. I pull myself out of the comfy bed, and I look at the clock through squinted eyes. 11:23AM. I don't have much time to kill. I get dressed, and hurriedly brush my teeth, and do my hair.

I again, decide that glasses are better than nothing and kept my glasses on. Contacts hurt my eyes, so I don't wear them. I pulled on a pair of black converse and headed downstairs. I made myself a bowl of cereal, humming softly. I was in an okay mood surprisingly. I thought I'd wake up and wanna die immediately once I realized it was my first day of work. Maybe it's because Patrick and I are good friends. I know I'll be working with someone who isn't a prick. Plus, the job isn't that hard. I finish my bowl of fruity pebbles and check the time. 11:45AM. Shit.

I shove my phone in my pocket, and slide on my purple jacket, and hurry out the door. I didn't wanna run, but I walked at a very fast pace. I got there at 11:58AM, greeting Patrick with a warm smile. "I was worried you weren't gonna show up for a minute there." He chuckles. "I got lost in thought while eating my cereal, I'll make sure I come a bit earlier from now on." I say and he smiles. First I had to restock the cds. "You remember how to do it right?" He asks and I nod, grabbing the box off him. As I was doing so, two teenagers walked in.

A boy and girl, both smiling widely, holding hands. I smile a bit and go back to doing what I was doing. My job. I had to admit, running back and forth to put the cds in alphabetical order, was annoying. Once I was done, I put the box in the back, and lean against the counter. "Need me to do anything else, 'Trick?" I ask, and he looks up from the paperwork that he was filling out. "Work the register for me?" He asks I nod. "Sure thing." I say. This was easier then I expected. Until I fell asleep standing up, and fell to the ground. I jolted awake immediately and Patrick bursted our laughing. "What the fuck." I mumble looking around.

"Oh hi I'm at work. Doing work things. I was checking the ground, I did not just fall." I say while hurriedly standing up. How embarrassing. "Did the cheese seep into your brain?" He says while laughing, and I laugh. "Maybe!" I say while smiling. A girl walks in, and starts to look around, and Patrick goes back to doing his paperwork. I walk over to the girl, a smile on my face. "Is there anything you need help finding?" I ask and she turns to look at me. "No thanks." She says and I nod. I turn to walk away but she stops me. "Actually.. you can." She says and I turn back around. "Can I have your number?" She asks and I cough. "I'm, I'm sorry I can't do that." I say and she frowns.

"Why not cutie?" She asks grabbing my wrist and I look over at Patrick for help, and he was clearly trying to hold back laughter. "This is, I'm working. It's not very appropriate. Plus, I'm seeing someone, I'm sorry." I say. "O-oh uh sorry." She says quickly letting go of my wrist and I hurry away, going back behind the counter and Patrick nudges me. "Quite the people person yeah?" He asks and I snicker. "Very funny." I say and he laughs. Once she leaves, I glare at Patrick. "That's not funny." I whine and he smiles softly. "I'm sorry, Bren. Admit, it was kinda funny. You looked terrified as if you have never encountered a woman in your life." He says, and I shrug.

"I haven't dated a girl since high school, what do you expect?" I say and he nods. "I haven't dated one since elementary school." He says. "That's also because I'm gay but," He says and I chuckle and nod. "Joe will be here tomorrow too. I think you guys will get along." He says and I nod. After work, I stuck around to help Patrick close up. Pete came over, and Dallon had went home. Apparently he wasn't feeling too good. "So your first day was good?" Pete asks and I nod, running my fingers through my hair. "Amazing, actually." I say and he pats my back. "That's amazing man!" He says and I chuckle.