Chapter 3

(Brendon's POV)

"Where does it hurt?" Dallon asks and I shrug. "Hmm I don't know.. everywhere." I say in an almost 'duh' kinda tone. Luckily my mouth wasn't bleeding because he knocked any teeth out, in fact all my teeth were thankfully still there. There was small deep cuts on either side of my mouth though. And my nose wasn't broken either. "Do you want ice?" He asks and I shake my head. "No but I want some pain killers." I say. "Bren I already gave you some. No." He says and I pout.

"But my head hurts." I say and he frowns. "You don't think you have a concussion?" He asks and I shrug. "Its possible." I state. "I am very tired." I say. "Yep you're not sleeping." He says and I sigh. I don't think it's that bad but eh. "You're so pretty, Dal." I state while looking at him. He really was. Inside and out. He blushes and doesn't say anything. "You gonna get off the sink now?" He asks. "First come here." I say and he walks over, so he's standing in front of me and gives me a confused look. "Wh-" I cut him off by kissing him. I pull away and he stares at me. "What was that for?" He asks while chuckling. "Science." I say and he raises an eyebrow.

"Just a friendly kiss ya know." I say patting his cheek and getting off the sink. "There's no such thing." He says as I walk out of the door. He's right. There isn't.

☆☆☆

Dallon was downstairs getting ice or something so I decided to change because I rather not sleep in skinny jeans. Right when I take off my shirt I gasp. Bruises were all over my body. There was one big one down my right side and smaller ones all over my stomach. I hear the door open and I didn't even care that I was in my boxers in front of Dallon. We've seen eachother naked before, that's how close we are. Plus I'm covered, so I didn't care at all. "Brend- oh my god." I hear him say and I turn to him. "That looks so bad.." He says and I sigh.

"I didn't even know." I say poking one of the bruises and I wince. Ouch. "Uh.." He says and I shrug. "There's not much I can do about it." I say. "What if you have internal damage? Oh no, Bren we need to go to the hospital." He says and I shake my head. "It happens all the time. I'm fine." I say sitting on the edge of my bed. "I know it does, you really need to stop going to parties. "Hmm.. nah." I say and he stares at me.

"Brendon. I'm serious. One day someone's gonna hurt you worse than this and none of your friends will be there to help. I won't be there." He says and I scoff, keeping my gaze on the ground. "You need to grow up, Brendon. It's time. You're gonna be 22. You can't be acting like a child." He says and I frown and look at him. "I do not act like a child, Dallon! You just don't want me to have fun. That's it isn't it?" I say. "No Brendon, that's not it. I'm just so sick of you leaving these parties sobbing and hurt. It's gotten to the point where I stay up late, because I know you'll be calling me to pick you up. There's nothing wrong with going to parties and having a good time, but I don't see how getting beaten up is any fun." He says.

He was not about to lecture me again. "Today wasn't my fault! He's the one who was being a homophobic bitch!" I say getting defensive. "I'm sick of having these talks, Dallon. Why can't you just let me live my life how I want?" I ask. I didn't get why he was making a big deal of the situation. "I care about you, that's why. It hurts to see you going to these parties all weekend and then coming back, crying and hurt." He says. He did sound concerned. Whatever.

"Can we just drop the conversation? My head fucking hurts." I say. It did, in fact it hurt an awful lot, and it was concerning. "I'm dizzy, Dal. I don't feel well." I mumble. "I think you have a concussion, Bren. Lie down and relax." He says, then walks over and bends down and stares at me. "Uhh Dallon? What're you doing?" I ask. "Checking to make sure your pupils aren't dilated." He says. "Why?" I ask as he stands up and sits next to me.

"Because that's a warning sign that your concussion is serious and you need a doctor. But they aren't and you're not having trouble with talking or walking. So if you want you could take a nap." He says. I nod and lie down but I don't close my eyes. Dallon stands up but I grab his arm. "Come cuddle with me Dal." I say. "Alright." He says lying down next to me, wrapping an arm around me. "I'm gonna have to wake you up in two hours okay?" He says and I nod.

"What if I don't wake up?" I ask, suddenly scared to close my eyes. "That's why I'm gonna wake you up in two hours, to make sure you're still doing okay, and that your symptoms are not worse. To make sure you wake up." He explains. "Are you sure it's okay for me to sleep?" I ask again, looking at him. "I promise it's okay Brendon. If it wasn't okay, I would be taping your eyes open to make sure you don't fall asleep." He says and I smile. "I wouldn't let anything bad happen to you." He says again.

"Promise?" I ask. "I promise." He says and I smile cuddling into him. My head hurt so bad, and this is just what I needed. To cuddle and sleep. It's not weird to cuddle with your best friend right? Him and I always cuddle. It's totally normal. Even if you are totally gay for your best friend, it doesn't mean anything.

Authors Note

I don't know why I keep updating this. It's cringe. But ya know my whole life is a try not to cringe compilation so

I hope you somehow enjoyed this chapter, uh that'd be amazing if you did

I hope you guys are doing well. Remember to show yourself some love.
Make sure you eat today, shower, take your medicine if you're prescribed pills, and just take care ❤

Have an amazing day/night 💕