Chapter 7

(Brendon’s POV)

Just because things didn't go alright last weekend, that wasn't gonna stop me from going to another party this weekend. I had a good feeling that this night be be okay. In fact I planned on not getting too intoxicated at all. Things didn't exactly go to plan. For starters, Dallon KNEW I was going to a party, despite my lies. He knew me too well. That didn't stop me from leaving the house. When I arrived there, my intention wasn't to get drunk at all.

In fact, I tried to stay away from it so I could genuinely have a good time. That didn't go to plan either. As I watched everyone dancing around, having a good time, I itched for at least a beer. Or a few shots. I needed just a tiny buzz, just to get me going. Maybe asking someone to get me a drink wasn't the best decision. As I drank it, I started to feel light headed and the guy kept dragging me to leave the house with him.

He had to have drugged that drink. I felt light headed and queasy. My limbs felt as if they couldn't function. "Let me go!" I yell and he smirks and shakes his head and continues to drag me. Suddenly another arm grips my other hand and yanks me away from the man. It was Ryan. "Dude fuck off." Ryan says and the man mumbles something before walking out the door, by himself. "I-I think he uh he drugged.. drugged me.." I say. It was hard to think right now.

In fact, it was hard to do much and I started to sway as I stood there. Ryan wraps and arm around me and guides me outside. "I haven't started to drink yet. I'll take you home, unless you wanna call someone?" He asks. "Drive me.. me please? Dal will.. he'll kill me for.. For coming h-here.." I say and he slowly nods and starts to lead me over to his car. "Your love for parties and your bad luck do not mix well." Ryan states while starting up his car. "I feel like.. like absolute shit." I say leaning back.

I always regret going to parties, because I always leave hurt, one way or another. Maybe Dallon is right, who am I kidding. Of course he's right. He usually always is. He's far more mature than me, and unlike me, he uses his head and thinks before doing stuff. He's smart. Maybe that's another reason I like him so much, platonically, and romantically. Even if he doesn't like me back in a romantic way, in which he probably doesn't. "You think you can walk? You didn't drink too much of it right?" Ryan asks while pulling in front of my house.

"Only a few sips.. I..I should be.. be fine." I say, and sigh in annoyance at my lack of ability to speak correctly. "Take care." Ryan says as I get out of his car. "You too bud.." I mumble and I manage to get inside without falling over, despite being extremely dizzy. As I closed the door, I fell to the ground and groan. I squeeze my eyes shut, just wanting to fall asleep and wake up okay again. "Brendon?!" I hear Dallons voice and I groan.

"You went to another party again right?" He asks and I open my eyes. "I-I only had a few si..sips of a drink, I..I think I got dr..drugged.." I mumble and he picks me up. "I wish you wouldn't do this." He mumbles while walking up the stairs. He goes to my room and places me on my bed. "Try and sleep it off okay?" Dallon asks. "Stay with me.." I say and he seems to be in thought but nods and lays down beside me. "Don't you wanna get your life together?" Dallon asks and I raise an eyebrow at him. "Like I get it. Your parents are rich. They give you everything you want. But don't you wanna work for your own things? To feel accomplished? Obviously partying isn't good for you, especially since you manage to get hurt everytime." He says and I stare at my ceiling.

"You know why I rather party than work?" I ask and he hums. "B-because being in the real world scares me. I wanna enjoy being young while I can, and I have the resources to do so. My parents d..don't care. They give me money every week. They bought me.. me a house. So I just, avoid that shit, because it's scary to me, D-Dal. I'm not mature enough." I say and he looks over at me. "I could help you, just allow me to, B." He says and I shrug. "I'm..Im not ready yet." I say shakily.

"You'll have to be ready eventually. When you are come talk to me." He says and he goes to stand up but I grab his arm, pulling him back down. "S..stay." I mumble, cuddling into his side. He sighs and wraps an arm around me. We both were quiet for a while and soon enough Dallons breaths became soft and steady and I realize that he had fallen asleep. I tried to but I couldn't seem to. My thoughts were racing at a hundred miles per hour and it was hurting my head. He was right. Despite having everything, I should still work for things, make accomplishments, make something of myself.

I know starting Monday Dallon is gonna be going back to work at the Café he works at. There's a music store down the street. Perhaps they're hiring? I sigh softly and grab my phone, checking the time. 1:45AM. Fucking hell. I lay my head back down on Dallons chest. That's another thing. Dallon probably though of us cuddling as totally platonic but I thought of it as so much more. That hurt. I was slowly falling for someone who could never like me back.

Who still thinks of me as his best friend. Though he's still my best friend, I want him to be more than that. I'm slowly falling in love with someone who's never gonna fall for me. Maybe that's why they say you fall in love rather than step into it.