Chapter 11

(Brendons POV)

I woke up to the sun shining in my face and groan. My head was killing me, and for once it wasn't because I was hungover. I guess having your head hurt from crying so much isn't too much better, really. Both cause terrible heachaches. Though, the ones from crying hurt more in my opinion.

I then remembered, and I jump out of bed, and look at the clock. Shit. He already left. So I'm already behind on my plan. I hurriedly get dressed, struggling a bit with putting my skinny jeans on fast. I may have fell, but that's not important. I slide on a lavender colored sweatshirt, and grab my phone.

Brendon: I'm gonna do it trick

Patrick: I believe in you!! Good luck buddy :D

Brendon: thank you ahhh bdbesjsjhe!!!

I shove my phone in my back pocket, hurriedly putting my shoes on. I than realized morning breath is disgusting, and hurried up the stairs to brush my teeth, do my hair, etc. Hygienic things. I rushed down the stairs as fast as my legs would let me. I wasn't even bothered to take off my glasses. I ran out the door, running down the street.

I didn't stop running till I got to the coffee shop. I push open the door, and stop, out of breath. There was two other people in here, it was almost 12, so they weren't as busy. Pete noticed me first, and raised an eyebrow at me.

Dallon looks up, his eyes meeting mine. I walk over to the counter, still trying to catch my breath. "Can you one over here for a second?" I ask Dallon, and he looks at Pete and then at me.

"It'll be quick." I say, and he nods, placing the rag in his hand down, and walking over, stopping in front of me. "I.. I didn't say anything not because I don't like you back, but because I couldn't get the.. the words out. I realized that I don't like you." I say and he face drops and he goes to turn away, but I quickly stop him. I grab both of his hands in mine and he looks at me confused, I could see tears glazing his eyes.

"There's a lot going on. A lot going on in my head, and I couldn't see it at first. But last night I realized it." I say and he still looked confused. "I love you Dallon, I love you so much." I say, and the confusion melts from his face, shock replacing it. "Wh-what?" He asks and I grab his face, and press my lips to his, kissing him.

"Yes yes yes!" I hear Pete say, and I hear quiet clapping. People probably thought a proposal just happened or something but nope. Just two sad boys falling in love. I pull away, laughing from happiness and Dallon pulls me in a hug. "Why didn't you ju-just say so?" Dallon says. "I'm an idiot. But don't worry because I do like you. I love you. Oh god, I'm so foolishly in love you with Dallon. I always was, and I was just too blind to see it." I say, spilling my heart out to him.

Something that I've never able to do. I've always been far too scared. A smile makes its way to his face once again, and he kisses me again, in which I of course, kiss him back. Nothing else mattered at that moment. Just him and I. I felt like I was going to explode from happiness. I felt as if I had just won the jackpot on the lottery.

We pull away, and he rests his forehead against mine, both of us smiling widely. "We'll talk when I get home okay? I need to go back to work." Dallon says softly and I nod. "Okay." I say pressing a kiss to his cheek. He goes back behind the counter and I wave to him and Pete as I walked out. Of course I was gonna go and tell Patrick how it went.

I walked in, almost bouncing from excitement. He was stocking up more records. "Hey, Bren. How'd it go." He says with a smile. He knew, I could tell. Probably because of the big ass smile plastered across my face, and the bounce in my step. I told him everything. Starting with after him and Pete left last night up until five minutes ago, not leaving out a single detail. I was so excited. So happy.

"So are you guys a thing now or..?" Patrick asks and I furrow my eyebrows. "I'm not entirely sure. He said we're gonna talk later on tonight." I say and Patrick nods. "I'm happy for you guys. I mean, we all knew this would happen eventually. You guys were always so close, and did things that most best friends wouldn't do. Even when you were with Sarah, you looked at him like he was the world." He says and I look down.

"I know that's why she left me." I say and Patrick looks at me. "What? You never told us that." He says. "Yeah, she broke up with me because she said I spent more time with Dallon then I did with her. She even accused me of cheating." I say. "Oh, but you ended on good terms?" He says and I nod. "We kinda accepted we weren't meant for eachother I mean, we were young. That was in high school." I say and he nods. "Oh god, that only feels like it was months ago." Patrick's says and I smile sadly.

"And yet it was years ago. Though I'm glad I figured everything out, ya know?" I say and he nods. "I'm proud of you man. So is Pete. Oh god, Pete wants you guys together more then you guys wanna be together." Patrick says and I chuckle. "Oh I know he was screaming when dal and I kissed." I say and Patrick giggles. "Seems about right." He says and I nod. I decided to stay in the music store with Patrick to keep him company.

Joe, who normally worked here, had the day off. So it was only him, and we both could use company. I sat at the piano, talking to him. I didn't start until tomorrow and no matter how I offered to help he said the same thing. "You can help when your shift starts tomorrow." So I eventually gave up. "Can I play something." I say looking down at the piano keys.

"Yeah, go ahead." He says. I decided to play a song that I made. I let my fingers glide against the keys, and start to sing. "This is gospel, for the fallen ones.." I start off. I focused on playing and singing, that's it. I didn't notice the bell ring, indicating that people had come in. I didn't notice how shocked Patrick looked. I was just that focused on playing. On making sure every note was played correctly and every word that left my mouth was the correct one.

"And truth be told, I never was yours, the fear, the fear of falling apart. Oh, the fear of falling apart. The fear, the fear of falling apart." I finish, and look up. Clapping fills my ears and I turn to see Dallon and Pete by the door and my face heats up. "That was amazing oh my god." Patrick says as he stops clapping, letting his arms fall down to his sides. "I.. uh thanks?" I say.

"You got so much better, I wish you sang as much as you used to." Dallon says and I smile softly. "I guess it's something I just like to keep private now?" I say softly. "You shouldn't. Holy fuck do you have a voice on you." Pete says. I wasn't used to so much attention on me at once so I simply sat quiet. "So how about all of us go get dinner or something and catch up?" Patrick suggests.

"I'm down." Dallon says while looking at me and I nod with a smile. "Me too." I say while standing up. On the way out, Dallon made sure to grab my hand. I wanted to scream how much I loved him, but I couldn't. I was too afraid someone else besides him would hear.

Authors Note

So hihi I'm back sorry

I was kinda unmotivated for a bit with this book, as I didn't know what to write but I got out of it and here I am!!

I hope you enjoy it, it's sure as Hell a lot happier than past chapters. I like this one tbh.

Thanks for reading <3

-E💕