Kinda Need A Hero

{A/N: I'm excited about this chapter😜😋 this was a short authors note, didn't have much to say. Well enjoy my loves!❤️}

~~~~~~~~~~

Demi's POV

I have always loved Nick...but more as a best friend. I couldn't date him.

"Dallas told me what's happening and I decided that I'd love to help." Nick whispered in my ear.

"Oh my gosh! Nick you didn't have to!" I shrieked, laughing after.

"It's fine Dems, I want to." He smiled.

"Mommyyyy!" Paige whined, tugging at my shirt. I looked down at her to find a cake hat that read 'It's My Birthday!' and a pink 'Birthday Girl!' button pinned to her shirt.

"Where did that come from?" I asked curiously.

"Uncle Nick!" Paige cheered, pointing at Nick.

"Nick-"

"Dems it's fine, it's not like I'm short on money." He chuckled, scooping Paige up and giving her a big hug.

"Well Nick, we'd better get going. See ya later?" I laughed.

"Yeah see ya later Dems." He smiled, hugging me.

~

Dallas let us take her car so now we're just riding around. "Ooo! Mommy! Look pawk!" Paige cheered, pointing ahead of us to the right. Hmm...I don't know...

"Alright baby, we'll go to the park." I smiled, turning into a parking spot.

"Yay!" Paige squealed.

I parked the car then got out and went to the backseat to get Paige and Brice out. I unbuckled Paige then got Brice out and hooked up his car seat to the stroller.

"Come on Paige." I smiled, Paige trotting up to her spot at the stroller. We walked to the opposite side of the park where there was a group of benches and picnic tables.

"Hurry mommy!" Paige squealed, turning to look back at me so she wasn't watching what was in front of her.

"Paige loo-"

"Oof!" She grunted as she collided with a rather tall man about my age. He had short brown hair that was ruffled up and gelled, icy blue eyes, a muscular build that was shown off with a white V-neck shirt, an unbuttoned short sleeve jean button up over it with jeans to match, and some white converse. Damn he's hot.

"Alright Paige go play." I smiled, then turned back to the man. "I'm so sorry."

"It's alright, but you could make it up to me by giving me your number." He smirked then smiled kindly, causing me to blush a bright shade of red. "I'm Daemon. Daemon Randolph." He smiled, holding his hand out for me to shake.

"Sure Daemon." I laughed. "I'm Demi. Demi Lovato." I smiled. I reached forward and shook his hand. Not to sound cheesy, but my stomach went crazy with butterflies and it felt like fireworks exploded everywhere around us. I blushed again then pushed the stroller over to the bench and sat down.

"Can I ask you something?" Daemon asked shyly.

"Yeah sure what is it?" I asked.

"Husband? Divorced?" He asked, clearly feeling awkward about it.

"No. No I'm single. I adopted them. I love kids and I was really lonely." I smiled.

"Oh okay, I was just curious." He smiled, trying to hide the fact that he was blushing slightly.

~

We talked for a good hour to hour and a half, checking up on Paige every couple minutes.

"Could I hold him?" Daemon asked, smiling kindly.

"Sure." I replied, unhooking Brice's car seat from the stroller and setting it on my lap. I unbuckled him and cradled him in my arms before kissing his forehead then carefully handed him to Daemon.

Looks like he's amazing with kids, I thought as I smiled while he handed Brice back to me after a few minutes of holding and talking to him.

"So you like kids?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah. My buddies are always making fun of me saying me being 23 I should be out partying and being with all these women, instead of hanging out and gaming with my little nieces and nephews."

"Oh well I think that's great. Whatever makes you happy." I smiled.

"What if you make me happy?" He asked.

I stared to blush, but the mood was quickly ruined. "Mommy!!!! Help!" Paige screamed. My head snapped up towards the sound of her voice, only to see a man holding her with a rag over her mouth.

"Paige no!!!" I shrieked.

"Hurry! Let's get to my car!" Daemon yelled and grabbed the car seat, me running after him while carrying Brice.

We reached his car in a matter of seconds, I jumped into the back seat while Daemon hurried into the front and sped off towards the van that had Paige. I buckled Brice in his car seat then secured it with the seatbelt as best I could before I pulled out my phone to dial 911.

"911 What's your emergency?"

I explained the situation with the help of Daemon telling me the area. We kept on the kidnapper's tail and followed them all over the city. We swerved down alleyways and crossroads until we could see an old abandoned building nearing us.

Tires shrieked from both vehicles, a moment later followed by a gunshot and sirens in the distance. The next thing I knew, I was trying to shield Brice with my body and the car was flying through the air then flipped before landing.

I fought as hard as I could for consciousness, winning momentarily. I tried concentrating on Daemon scrambling out of the car and charging towards a guy pointing a gun. Two gunshots rang out, before the darkness took over my vision and the terror of silence consumed everything.

~~~~~~~~~~

{A/N: IT'S TOO QUIET IN HERE!!!!! Oh and you can blame my sister for the evil cliffhanger!😜😈 oops! Well I need more ideas and feedback!😜 Also, sorry it's so short, I couldn't resist😜

⭐️🌟QOTC: guess who died! Whoever gets it right will be featured!⭐️}