Save Me

{A/N: thanks for all the views already guys! 😊
read, comment and follow me on twitter! :) @eternitylovatix! 😉 and I'm updating this cause it's my birthday tomorrow!😊}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Demi's POV

"Okay my little Nightingale, pack up your things while I go talk with Ms. Claire okay?" I smile lovingly at her. Paige nods, her blonde curls bouncing as she waddle-trots to the corner of the room where her bag is, then comes back and starts putting her stuffed animals and some clothes in the bag.

I followed Claire into the office and sat down in a chair in front of her desk. She looks through a file cabinet and pulled out a file that said "Paige Hope Macarther". As Claire turns back around and sits at her desk she looks at me, "So you've noticed she doesn't talk, haven't you?" I looked at her and nodded. She continued talking after. "Well Paige's birthday is May 5 and she is 3 years old." I smiled, right around how old I wanted, she's so perfect!, I thought to myself.

Claire continued, "Paige was taken away from her parents who abused and neglected her. She came to us and she wouldn't talk. The most she did was nod, shake her head, or make some other sort of motion. Do you still want her?" She asked curiously, as if that would change my mind. "Yes I do still want to adopt her. I felt a connection with her since the second I saw her. Nothing will change my mind." Claire smiled and pushed some papers over to me. "I'm so glad to hear that." Claire stated, smiling while I finished filling out the paperwork. I smiled and we both stood up, Claire shook my hand and smiled at me. "I wish you both well, a-" Claire cut off when we heard a thud and crying coming from the other room. I turned and ran to the sound to see poor little Paige on the floor crying with the older girls surrounding her in the hallway by the stairs.

~~~~~~~

Paige's POV

I trotted around my room taking my pictures off my wall, putting my stuffed animals together, and my clothes beside them, then took my toothbrush and toothpaste and set it on the pile to put it all in my bag. I set my clothes in the bottom, my drawings in between them to keep them safe, put my toothbrush and toothpaste in the smaller pocket, then put my stuffed bear and rabbit on top. I looked at my birdie, or like Demi called it, my Nightingale, hmmm I'll carry him that way I can snuggle him on the way to my new home!, I decided excitedly.

I grinned for a moment then my smiled faded slowly. It suddenly dawned on me, I don't know how to close my bag! What if Demi gets mad at me and hits me? Warm tears started running down my cheeks. It didn't seem like she would, maybe she'll help me! I finally convince myself and smiled. I struggled to pick my bag up, put my Nightingale under my chin, and staggered out of my room slowly up the stairs.

When I got to the top of the stairs my heart dropped and I felt my eyes get warm with tears. A few steps down the hallway, stood Becca and her friends staring at me. I tried to look at the floor and walk by them but Becca laughed and pushed me backwards. I fell backwards and fell down a couple stairs. My bag fell open, dumping all over the place. My clothes went everywhere, my stuffed animals fell out, and my drawing flew all over the cold wood floor. Becca laughed and glared at me. "Why should you get to be adopted? We're better than you are. You don't deserve Demi. She'll just hate you anyways."

Becca snickered when I started crying more and flipped her hair, her friends all laughed as she went on. "She hates you just like everyone else does." She looked down at my stuff still scattered on the floor and, as I reached for it, she picked up one of my pictures that was of my dream family. She smirked and looked down at me, "see this? You'll never get this because you're worthless!" She jeered as she ripped it in half, then half again.

I started crying harder, trying to get my other drawings, but her friends yanked them away and ripped them also. I was sobbing and just as I was about to cover my face in my hands I saw her reach for my nightingale. I screamed as I reached for it, but she got it first and snatched it from me then slapped me hard. I sobbed and shrunk lower to the floor. "Awhh what's this? The wittle baby's stuffed animal?" Becca teased in a baby voice. "How cute," she snickered before throwing it on the floor and stomping on it. A loud sob escaped me as I picked it up and held it close to me.

"Hey! Leave her alone!"
Wait...I know that voice... I thought hopefully in my head.
"Get away from her you little brats!" Demi yelled. Becca and her supporters let out groans as they rolled their eyes and started walking off. "Don't know why you want that worthless freak." Becca mumbled under her breath, just loud enough for Demi to hear. "She IS NOT worthless, and she is everything BUT a freak. It doesn't matter what any of you say!" Demi yelled at Becca who just sauntered away as Demi knelt down to help me pick up my things.

"It's okay baby girl. You don't have to worry about them any more. You'll be with me and I won't let anyone hurt you." Demi smiled at me with a loving and protective look on her face. I smiled and jumped onto her and hugged her, flinging my arms around her neck. I felt her gasp then wrap her arms around me.

I cried on her shoulder thinking about my ruined pictures. Demi pulled me away from her and I immediately started crying harder when a thought came into my head, what if she got mad at me for crying on her?, but she only asked "What's wrong baby?" So I pointed at my pictures. "Aww it's okay precious, you can draw more when we get home." She smiled at my warmly.

I thought for a second then smiled and nodded. After we put my stuff into my bag and closed it, I picked up my nightingale and picked him up then dusted him off. I reached for my bag, but Demi got it first and grinned at me. "I've got it baby," she grabbed my bag in one hand then reached for my hand with the other. I flinched back at first then smiled at her a second later and took her hand as we walked out to the car smiling, heading towards my new life.