CHAPTER THREE

I didnt go to school for a few days just stayed holed up in my room I told my mum I wasnt feeling well I ignored all calls from my friends I needed time to think and process what I had seen. It was Wednesday arvo and I had the house to myself I decided I was gonna sit outside in the sun and read my book when there was a knock on the front door Trixie and Sunny went mad barking and scratching at the door I pushed them aside and opened it and standing there was Brax I went to shut the door but he put his hand out to stop it shutting "Go away Brax"

"Please Aimee we need to talk you cant avoid me forever"

"I can try" I muttered but opened the door wider for him to come inside I lead him out into the back yard and we sat on the swing chair Sunny and Trixie gave Brax a sniff then settled down close to me "Ok speak" I said he took a deep breath and begun "So I know it must be hard to process what happened over the week end Your friends are what we call shapeshifters they can turn into wolves and me I'm a hybrid"

"What"s a hybrid?" I asked curiously

"Well it means I'm part wolf and part vampire there are only around 30 of us that exsist and we live together in one big clan"

"V...vampire" I stuttered "Do you need to drink blood?"

"Occassionly we mainly drink from animals my dad he's the vampire my mum the wolf I have more wolf then vampire so I only need blood once every 2 weeks"

"So who was that other wolf in the woods last night?"

"I'm not sure but I think your friends knew"

"There is one thing I need you to do please dont tell anyone about me espically your parents"

"Who would believe me anyways" I said

"Your parents might"

"What?"

"Thier hunters Aimee they hunt people like me,like your friends". We sat there in silence while I processed all he had told me "So I wanted ask you can I take you out for lunch on Saturday?"

I looked at him and waited to see if he was joking or not "Well?"

"Sure" I answered giving him a smile

"One more thing" he asked

"Yes"

"Do you wanna go out with me" it didnt take me long to answer hell yes I wanted him to be my boyfriend

"Yes" I answered he sighed in relief and pulled me in for a hug then he kissed me and it was like nothing else mattered in the world. He pulled apart and we were both breathing heavily "Hey I gotta go but please do one thing for me talk to your friends let them explain they're missing you"

"Ok I'm back at school tomoz anyways"

I walked him to the front door he gave me a quick kiss before hopping on his bike and riding away. The next morning I hurried to get dressed and leave for school so I could see my friends I said good bye to my mum and my siblings and hopped on my scooter and drove to school. I parked in my usual spot and headed over to the group table where my friends were sitting first thing I noticed was a blonde chick sitting at our table and next to Max "Hey guys" I said as I sat down "Hi Aimee great to have you back" said Tahlia

Max gave a nod in my direction "So I spoke to Braxton yesterday told me his side of the story now I need to hear yourside" I said

"Sure anything" said Tahlia "Max you can explain your better at story telling"

"Ok sure" he said I sat and listened as he explained all about werewolfs he told me he and Tahlia were from a pack called Ironstone Valley and that he was the son of an Alpha all the wolves had to listen to his father and that Tahlia was the daughter of the Beta I also found out that his father and my parents made a pact if they didnt bother humans then my oarents wouldnt hunt them also that it was my parents who forbid them to ttell me all about thier world. Then Max introduced me to his mate (yes he told me all about mates) her name was Brooke.

Walking to class with Tahlia I asked her a question "So are there other shape shifters in this school?"

"Yup half my pack come here" she answered

"Oh and I forgot to tell you I have a boyfriend" I said excitedly

"Oooo who is it" she asked just as excited

"The new boy Braxton" Tahlia's face fell "What is it?" I asked concerned we had taken our seats at the back of the class and were waiting for the teacher to arrive "We not what he is his kind are dangerous, unpridictable"

"He would never hurt me"

"Just be careful ok".

Morning classes went quick and I met Brax in the cafeteria students stared openly as we walked hand in hand to get something to eat. While waiting in line I noticed a small group watching us "Dont worry about them they are just from my pack you'll meet them soon enough". Once we had our food we headed outside and I made a beeline for our table my friends were already sitting down when Max spotted us he stiffened and gripped the edge of the table "Problem?" I asked

"Not at all" said Max his expression never changing

"Good" I said taking a seat and pulling Brax down next to me he rested one hand on my thigh and used his other one to eat his lunch.

Walking to my class after lunch Braxton pulled me aside "Skip with me" he asked I hesitated "Oh come on" he pleaded

"Fine" I sighed he grabbed my hand and started to lead me away from the school and into the forest where we came to a stop in a huge clearing with out warning he shifted into his reddish brown wolf and bounded around with his tongue hanging out I couldnt help but laugh I took off running and could hear Brax chasing me he tackled me to the floor I landed on my back with an ooof! Brax's big wolf body ontop of mine he let out a low whine "I'm ok Brax" running my hands through his fur he hopped off and changed back into his human self he pulled me onto his lap and started to kiss me the kiss deepened and things started getting heated Brax had his hands up my shirt and was fiddiling with my bra I wriggled umcomfortably "Aimee" growled Brax I pulled away his eyes were dark black "I'm sorry I think its just going a bit to fast" he pulled me off his lap and stood up facing away from me "Hey its not that I want to its just not here not right now"

"I understand I'm just trying to calm my wolf" he said turning to face me thats when I noticed the bulge in his pants "You may wanna do something about that" I said with a giggle

"Oh"he said with a laugh

"You coming back to school?" I asked

"Nah I have things to do I'll see ya later"

"Ok" I said leaning on tiptoes to give him a kiss as I was walking away I swore I heard him say "I love you".