Chapter 25

As I woke up a searing pain rushed through my body as the world came back into focus I heard Ethan calling for me and Brax I realized we were up side down I reached up with one hand bracing my other onto the roof and unclipped my seat belt I slid onto the roof of the car my left leg was killing me I was pretty sure it was broken and I could feel blood dripping down my face I looked over at Brax he was still unconscious I couldn't tell if he was breathing or not but I needed to get to Ethan the only thing keeping him in was the seatbelt to his car seat I managed to crawl out the front window and over to the back I found a stick to smash the window and crawled inside "Hey baby" I said to Ethan "Mummy's gonna get you out ok"

"Ok" he whimpered

I reached up and unclipped his harness and he fell into my arms I told him very carefully to climb out the window I followed him then I realized in all the shock and rush to get Ethan out I hadn't called for help I dialed 999 and waited "Help I've been in an accident my son he's hurt and my partner he still trapped in the car he's not moving please hurry"

I told them where we were and hung up the phone I checked on Ethan he was still crying silently "Its ok buddy helps on the way" I took off my jumper and made it into a sling to help support his arm poor little man was pain I just hopped the help hurried up and got here. Suddenly I heard siren in the distance and three ambulance's 🚑 and police 🚓 arrived along with a fire truck "Please help my partner he still trapped". Everything else happened in a blur Ethan was whisked away to an ambulance while I got helped into another one I kept being asked a bunch of questions but I was to distress and worried about Brax and Ethan to answer properly I was settled into a room with Ethan he had his arm in a cast and stiches along his jaw my leg was also in a cast and I had a butterfly stitch just above my right eyebrow dispute a slight concussion I was fine Brax on the other hand wasn't doing so well his parents had been notified as well as my mum they all came rushing in to see us and await news on Brax the nurse came in to check on Me "Please when cam I see my partner Brax Green?"

"I haven't heard any news yet he's still in surgery" she answered

"As soon as I know anything I'll let you know ok"

"Ok" I said suddenly feeling tired Ethan was already fast asleep on the bed next to me

"We'll let you rest" said my mum "See you soon"

"Ok" I said sleepily.

When I next woke up my mum and dad were back I looked over to see Ethan was gone I instantly panicked "Where is Ethan?" I asked

"He had to be taken to ICU he stopped breathing honey they had to do surgery on him" said my mum

"I need to see him and Brax please" I begged

"Ok I'll see what I can do" she left the room and came back with a nurse and a wheel chair I was helped into the wheel chair and pushed down to ICU seeing my little boy covered in tubes I broke down crying I was wheeled over and placed by his side I took my hand in his and held it tightly "What happened?" I asked

"His lung collapsed we had to resuscitate him we placed him in an induced coma to help him recover" answered his nurse

"And my partner?" I was concerned know one had told me anything yet "He didn't make it I'm so sorry Aimee"

I didn't here the rest of what the nurse said the world went quiet my head was spinning Brax couldn't be gone he just couldn't be "I wanna see him" I heard my self say

I was taken to his room his family were there saying their goodbyes his chest rose and fell but I knew it was just the machine keeping him alive his family backed away giving me a moment alone with him I was helped onto the bed where I curled my body around his and placed my head on his chest I let the tears fall "Please don't leave me" I sobbed

"I've only just found you again please stay" but I knew it was no use after giving him one last kiss I wad helped back into my wheel chair I took his hand in mine as his family came back in and the nurse turned the machines off I watched his chest rise and fall one last time then it moved no more. His family sobbed quietly around me while silent tears fell down my face I looked up just in time to see the shadow of a wolf Braxton's Wolf 🐺 before it disappeared. Then I buried my head in his chest and cried.