Chapter 33

We arrived at the mall, and began to walk towards Factory Edge to get my tattoo. "Do you have something in mind yet?" Lapis asked, walking beside me. "I'm actually not too sure..." I muttered in reply, looking down at the floor. "I wanna get something that I won't regret for the rest of my life, that's for sure." I added. "Well...it could really be anything. You could do your zodiac sign, your birthstone, a meaningful quote, a symbolic design...the list really goes on." Pearl explained. "Well, I'm a Leo...buuut maybe I could get something that represents my role in the gang?" I suggested.

"Hm...maybe." Lapis thought out loud. We arrived at the small shop in the corner, and there stood a heavily tattooed man behind the counter. "What can I do for you girls today?" his raspy voice boomed as he leaned over the counter. "We're gettin' a tattoo for this gal right here!" Amethyst exclaimed, pushing me to the front. "Alrighty, come to the back, miss." the man said, walking around the counter and towards the back. I followed, and the rest followed closely behind me. I nervously fidgeted with my fingers, and bit my lip. 

"You okay?" I suddenly heard Lapis whisper to me. "E-ehm, y-yeah. Just...a lil' nervous is all..." I muttered in reply. Lapis then planted a kiss on my cheek, and intertwined her fingers with mine softly. "Don't worry, it won't hurt that bad. Just pinches, you know?" she said, and I arched an eyebrow. "Depending on where you get it, of course." Garnet chimed in. Lapis then looked over at Garnet, and I could tell the expression probably wasn't very pleasant. "What? I'm just warning her..." Garnet muttered, crossing her arms. "I actually kind of have an idea of where I'm gonna put it. I might actually want more than one..." I added, and Lapis looked back over at me. "Oh nice. Where do you have in mind?" she asked. 

"My wrist, probably. And maybe my neck...or shoulder." I explained, tracing my finger along my forearm. "Either one will look awesome." Lapis replied with a smile. I nervously smiled back, and took a deep breath as we arrived to the area where the guy does the inking. "Okay, what's your name, sweetheart?" he asked, signaling for me to sit in the chair. I hesitantly sat in the large chair, and cleared my throat a bit. "Peridot..." I murmured. "Okay, Peridot. You know what you want?" he asked, leaning over a counter, preparing things. "Hm..." I thought for a moment, making sure I fully made my decision. 

Something then beeped, and it was coming from Lapis. The bluenette perked up, and looked down at her pocket with furrowed eyebrows. She pulled out her phone, and looked at it. She stared at it for a few seconds, stopped the beeping, and shoved it back into her pocket. "Ugh, I gotta go...do something. This of all times." she groaned, giving me an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, love. Good luck with the tattoos, and I'm hyped to see what they look like." Lapis said in a soft tone of voice, kissing my forehead. "Don't worry about it, Laz. I'll be fiiiiine. It's just a tattoo." I insisted casually, shrugging my shoulders. I was trembling inside, but I of course didn't show it. "Okay. I love youuuuu!!" she called, jogging out of the store. "Love you too!" I called after her, slumping in my chair. 

"I know what I want." I stated, looking up at the tattoo artist. "Perfect. Let's hear it." he replied. "You do?" Pearl asked. "Yeah...I-I..." I stammered, a little embarrassed to say it aloud. "Spit it out, P-dot!" Amethyst shouted. "Ugh...I want...Lapis Lazuli in cursive tattooed on my forearm." I muttered under my breath. The Crystal Gems stared at me for a moment in silence, before Steven awed loudly. "You...really want her name to be printed onto your skin forever?" Pearl asked with a small smile, raising her eyebrows high. "Dude...you don't know if you guys will stay together forever, though! What if you regret this?" Amethyst protested. 

"I won't regret it, because even if we did break up...she still had a huge impact on my life...and I would never want to forget her." I replied, looking to the floor. "Even if she hurt you?" Garnet asked. "...yeah. I'll just remember that she really was one of the closest people to me, and I wouldn't wanna disregard that, you know?" I explained. "Deep." Garnet deadpanned, looking impressed. "Any others?" the guy then asked, pulling the needle out. "I-I also wanted some pretty design on my shoulder...something green..." I said, thinking deeply. "Maybe some vines? Or flowers, or...?" the guy suggested, and I hummed.