Chapter 11

Just as the Ruby pulled the trigger, she thrashed upward and shot the ceiling. "AGHH WHAT THE FUCK!!!" she shrieked, and I looked down to see what she was freaking out about. Pumpkin's teeth sunk into Ruby's leg and she clung onto her like a miniature sloth. The Ruby took her foot off of my chest and stumbled backward trying to shake the child off. I then realized that Ruby couldn't hurt Pumpkin because she had to keep her alive for the boss - so this was an advantage. 

While Ruby was looking down at Pumpkin, I got up and charged my whole body into her. The gun flew from her hand onto the ground, and it slid across the barn floor toward Lapis and the other Ruby. I thanked the stars, noticing that Lapis had dodged the Ruby's gunshot from earlier. Lapis was straddling the Ruby, throwing punch after punch in her face. The bluenette looked over and noticed the gun that slid over, and she quickly picked it up.

Lapis held the gun to Ruby's forehead and smirked. "See you in hell, red~" she purred, and pulled the trigger without hesitation. I jerked forward to cover Pumpkin's eyes as blood splattered from the back of the Ruby's head. She went limp and her head hit the ground with a loud thump. This reminded me of the time back when Lapis killed that other Ruby who rebelled against her and tried to fight. The thought gave me shivers.

The Ruby I was fighting all of a sudden punched me in the jaw and snapped me out of my thoughts. Pumpkin tried hitting the large woman back, but Ruby grabbed her and threw her over her shoulder like a Santa bag. She started heading out the entrance with Pumpkin in her arms, until Lapis shot her in the back, making sure not to hit Pumpkin. The Ruby stumbled forward and dropped Pumpkin, and I dashed to her aid. 

"Pumpkin! Are you okay, sweetheart?!" I asked nervously, checking for injuries. "I'm fine..." Pumpkin muttered, nodding. She looked over at the now deceased Ruby sprawled on the floor. Lapis walked up to Pumpkin and knelt down. She stroked the child's face in comfort and gave her a worried look. "I'm so sorry you had to see that, Pumpkin. Are you alright?" Lapis asked in her soft, comforting tone of voice. Pumpkin hummed in response, and looked down.

"She didn't hurt you at all?" I asked, tilting my head and scooting closer to Pumpkin. She shook her head no, and hugged us both tightly, and little sniffles could be heard. Lapis and I hugged back, and we looked at each other in concern, listening to the child's scared crying. "Let's get you back to bed, doll..." Lapis whispered in her ear, kissing her forehead. Pumpkin rubbed her eyes, further showing her exhaustion. 

The bluenette picked her up, and slowly carried her to the hammock in the corner. I watched, knowing that Pumpkin wasn't truly okay. She's probably traumatized...

. . . .

I woke up, noticing that I had fallen asleep on the chair in front of the dining table. I had drooled all over and internally cringed at myself. I took off my nasty t-shirt and went to throw it in the washer, when I noticed that Lapis was no where to be found. I instead dropped the shirt and checked every room in the barn - nothing. "Lapis?! Lapis!" I called, but got no reply. I mentally cursed myself, noticing that I accidentally woke Pumpkin up. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, stretching her arms up with a groan. 

"Pumpkin, did you hear Lapis leave? Have you seen her?" Peridot you dumb ass she's been asleep. "Mom was with me when I fell asleep last night. She's gone?" Pumpkin asked, now looking worried. "Oh no no no baby don't be worried she probably just went out to steal food from the CG HQ again..." I tried to reassure her. Fuck fuck fuck fuck where could she be?! I decided to ask the Crystal Gems, so Pumpkin and I got ready and left for their HQ. We walked up the steps to the small beach house and knocked on the door.

. . . .

Now this is where I cross the line. Pearl has been indifferent to this whole situation and she does not give a flying fuck where Lapis went. Lapis being gone for this long got to me and I finally snapped and jumped to conclusions.

"YOU DID THIS!!!" I cried, pointing a finger in Pearl's face. I felt hot tears streaming down my face, and I couldn't hold them back. I noticed the little red-headed girl in the back whimpered and hid behind Garnet's leg. "You think I did this?! Why the hell would I go out of my way to get rid of Lapis?!" "There are a lot of fucking reasons, Pearl!!!" I shouted, balling my fists.

"NOW WHERE IS SHE?!" I cried again, two inches away from Pearl's face. "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WITH HER, PERIDOT!!! NOW GET OUT OF MY FACE BEFORE I KNOCK YOU THE HELL OUT!!!" Pearl spat, taking a step forward, and I took a step back. Garnet put a hand on my shoulder. "She didn't take any part in getting rid of Lapis, Peridot. Now let's just calm down..." she said in a calm voice, and I crossed my arms and huffed.

Lapis has been missing for a whole week now. We've been searching every corner, looking for her, but we haven't found her. "Lapis could be dead right now, guys! You're acting like it's no big deal!" I shouted, more hot tears rushing down my face. "We know this is important, Peridot. I would never do anything to hurt or endanger Lapis." Pearl said calmly.

"WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER DAY, HUH?! SHE ALMOST GOT KILLED BECAUSE OF YOU!!!" I hollered in her face. "G-guys please don't fight..." Steven muttered, and his eyes were shiny with tears. I shoved Pearl, and the next thing I knew, a fist connected with my face, and all I saw was black.